• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I used to be into coleman bigtime, had all his vids/dvds and even a poster on my wall. Over time i realised how shit those over the top guys look, and now i've gone back to old school guys who have asthetics which is originally what BBing was all about.

I remember when I was 16~17 how big and freaky bodybuilders looked, talking about park, Viator, Sergio and the like.

Paying a heavy price.
Hope it was worth it for him.

He seems to think it was all worth it.

He's not the only "world's best" athlete to pay the price for success. Most people just want to be average, not push any limits in life, who wish but never do, but then use social media to attempt some sort of uniqueness or fame for doing nothing.

Then there are the alphas, like Ronnie, Dorian and Arnold, that will push themselves to the limit, no matter what the consequences, to be the best they can possibly be for at least one time in their life.

You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Burt Monro

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited:
sorry woody, I don't think any bb is an alpha male. ron coleman is merely an alpha bb.

don't get me wrong, I think bb training is best way to get stronger and condition for sport, but I don't think bb's rank high in the world of real sport beyond those who love looking good.

that is my opinion.

I had this in the back of my mind when I wrote that post:

In the 1970s, Gabe Mirkin reported that more than half of the top runners whom he polled, would accept the following proposal: "If I could give you a pill that would make you an Olympic champion and also kill you in a year, would you take it?".[4] This surprising result prompted Bob Goldman to ask world-class athletes in combat and power sports a similar question: "If I had a magic drug that was so fantastic that if you took it once you would win every competition you would enter from the Olympic Decathlon to the Mr Universe, for the next five years but it had one minor drawback, it would kill you five years after you took it, would you still take the drug?" He also found that more than half said they would take it.[1] This result was consistent in his findings over a period from 1982 to 1995.[5]cited in[2]
Because of the shocking implications they held around doping in sport, Mirkin's and Goldman's results were widely reported, but also criticized.[6]

Don’t forget Zyzz

b11ff683ef9ede72d7912ac735c80064--wanderlust.jpg

I had this in the back of my mind when I wrote that post:

yes, many studies reflect such determination regardless of the cost.

I have a mate that could have been a pro bb if he kept at it. but he was not prepared to the chemical stuff to a greater extent.

I believe there is a degree of intelligence and genetics (for which both come under) a good example is Arnold who had a goal and whom actually didn’t need or have to work that hard.

But for an athlete to fuck up his health permanently for the pursuit of being numero uno is retarded thinking imv.
there is a whole lot more to life than standing on a pedestal.

There's adifference between stupidity and determination

Im sure Ronnie gives a shit about what you have to say.At least hes a multiple Mr O and will grow old with that in the bank.A kunt like you has nothing to show,and will grow old being a nobody.

sorry woody, I don't think any bb is an alpha male. ron coleman is merely an alpha bb.

don't get me wrong, I think bb training is best way to get stronger and condition for sport, but I don't think bb's rank high in the world of real sport beyond those who love looking good.

that is my opinion.

Coleman is most definately an alpha male,the guy was superhuman.