• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Whats the difference in lifts between him and eddie hall? cause eddie does 500kg.

I kinda take a pinch of salt with the "world record" bit. As you say, Eddie pulled 500. Both used straps and hitched, strongman style. Both were in a strongman comp. It might be that the "world record" was like the slogan for Lemon and Paeroa: "World Famous In New Zealand". Or more likely, since it was Rogue sponsored and held in the US, nothing else matters out there in the real world.

Anyone got a rough estimate how much percent advantage lifting straps give you. I impress myself and noobs watching with lifting straps on, with no straps I embarrass myself.

I kinda take a pinch of salt with the "world record" bit. As you say, Eddie pulled 500. Both used straps and hitched, strongman style. Both were in a strongman comp. It might be that the "world record" was like the slogan for Lemon and Paeroa: "World Famous In New Zealand". Or more likely, since it was Rogue sponsored and held in the US, nothing else matters out there in the real world.

That makes sense. Wonder how many PLers are out there that lift massive weight but they don't compete for whatever reason, i bet there's some massive kunts lifting massive weight you just never see them compete.

That makes sense. Wonder how many PLers are out there that lift massive weight but they don't compete for whatever reason, i bet there's some massive kunts lifting massive weight you just never see them compete.

Like who?the strongest compete.I've been to a number of different gyms and only been outsquatted by other competitors.same with deadlift,only people who compete beat me at deadlift.bench is another story.I've been outbenched by guys who are rugby players.

Actually u have jogged my memory,I saw a jacked guy legpressing 14 or 15 plates at city fitness,but he could of been a bodybuilder

Mate did loading out at meat works, did the same motion transferring pig carcasses all day every day into trucks.

Most guys don't last an hour. The guys that do will bury most cross fit, PL'ers and BB"s for that one exercise for hundreds of reps, they get so good they take two off the hook and carry at same time, brutal.

They do get free massages and physio whenever they want.

Similar job,but our carcasses came down on rails which we graded by weight into different chillers.
They came down at a quick clip off the slaughter board, usually have to push 10 at once to keep up.we worked out I was covering at least 15 km a day pushing.
Sometimes they fell off and I'd have to press them back on.
If I was training for comp,I'd go home have a feed and sleep and then do my program.
I made the Aussie masters team while working there,but I lifted like shit.just too overtrained

I think being a strong kunt does give you an advantage when lifting in the job is involved.however you have to have cardio and muscle endurance too.

To get really good at maximal lifting,probably best you dont have a physical job.resting your nervous system and body.

Last edited:
Anyone got a rough estimate how much percent advantage lifting straps give you. I impress myself and noobs watching with lifting straps on, with no straps I embarrass myself.

None, they just stop you from dropping it.

However, during training if you have a weak grip or it's weakened from a number of heavy sets, straps help you to keep training heavy without that weak point holding you back.