• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

dustman007

I've been doing it for 6 months... I can pump out:
Squat: 100kg 5 x 5
Bench press: 100kg 5 x 5
Barbell row: 75kg 5 x 5
Overhead press: 50kg 5 x 5
Deadlift: 90kg 5 x 5

My stats are:
- 195 cm tall
- 140 kg
- 29% body fat

I have found that deadlift and barbell row are the hardest because my back is so weak, I'm getting lower back pain. The physio says its really tight and has been working to loosen it up.

I also have really poor core strength... which I had hoped would improve with this program.

Any advice appreciated. On how to improve, how to add weight without getting injured, how to recover (squatting 3 times a week makes for harder recovery).

Any help appreciated. Also when to move to 3 x 5.

Your a heavy kunt aye 140kg. You weigh half a ton but you don't lift that heavy, no offense. For your weight i'd be opting to be pumping out some truely nice numbers. I don't give a shit about numbers anymore, i go for looks anyday.

Hopefully that answers all your questions mate.

Your a heavy kunt aye 140kg. You weigh half a ton but you don't lift that heavy, no offense. For your weight i'd be opting to be pumping out some truely nice numbers. I don't give a shit about numbers anymore, i go for looks anyday.

Hopefully that answers all your questions mate.

Not really... strange answers in fact, if I am honest... toxic even...

You mention you have been doing it 6 months. Are you still progressing or have you stalled? When did you last add weight or reps to each lift? You mention weak core, are you doing anything specific for core ? If squating 3 times a week is a struggle have you tried 2 days a week?
Maybe give us a bit more detail and be more specific with your questions.

You mention you have been doing it 6 months. Are you still progressing or have you stalled? When did you last add weight or reps to each lift? You mention weak core, are you doing anything specific for core ? If squating 3 times a week is a struggle have you tried 2 days a week?
Maybe give us a bit more detail and be more specific with your questions.

Well, I was starting to stall... each workout was a sweaty, full-on, epic struggle to push out 5 x 5 on the weights I was doing (I was fatiguing mentally)... so I tried to change it up, I tried:
1) higher volume, lower weight, 25+
2) different reps/sets, eg, 3 x 8
3) going to failure

Then I started getting injuries... first my lower back went. I was doing deadlifts, it felt strange... then the next day it was sore and achy. I saw a PT, he said my legs were too long and my hamstrings too tight and recommended going to sumo deadlifts... but I had same problems with sumo, when I went heavy my back started having problems.

Then I did a workout, first workout of the week, I was fresh and ready to go, I did 4 x 5 sets of 100kg squat then 1 x 8 set on 90kg squat to failure (I felt strong)... then the next day my knee was sore, it was a muscle soreness, not a joint... I think it must have been a muscle strain. I couldn't even squat the barbell 2 days later on my usual wednesday workout.

Then on the overhead presses my right shoulder started to get sore... and wasn't recovering between workouts. But I seemed to remain strong on my overhead press and bench press.

I have had the last week off... my knee feels much better and so does my shoulder. The only thing I am concerned about is my lower back... the physio says it is really tight and has given me stretches to loosen it up.

Someone recommended on the american body building forum to do romanian deadlifts instead of normal deadlifts... I've done one workout with RDL, only 40kg, but they felt good, I was getting a good stretch in my hamstrings.

Last edited:
If you have strained something in your back and are already seeing a physio then I would suggest you listen to what they tell you. Advice from a professional you are paying to treat you is likely to be more reliable than something off an Internet forum.

With regards to your training and being able to progress safely without getting injured. My advice would be to pick a program from a well known coach and just follow it. 5 x 5 isn't a bad program but as with any linear progression it has its limitations.
If we were all able to add 5kg every week then we would all be deadlifting 250kg+ which is not the case. You don't say what your training goals are but as you chose 5 x 5 I am going to assume they are strength based rather than bodybuilding. Maybe look for a program that works with submaximal weights and includes a back off or deload week every 6-8 weeks. Try looking up Wendler 531 or Dan John, Paul Carter, Christian thibaudeau. There are heaps others out there. Find something you like the look of and follow it, also make sure your diet and recovery are on point. No good busting your balls in the gym if your aren't going to recover properly (that's an injury waiting to happen).

Sorry, I just don't know what to make of your nickname and photo... aren't there moderators who would delete that sh%t?

Thats my real name mate, i come from a long line of Cum Shots.

The moderators insisted i use that photo for my avi, so i did. Lets face it she's taking it like every woman wants it, on the face.

Btw dustman007 if your looking for another homosexual to hang out with then look no further than spartysucks AKA Gerry. Gerry will take it in the ass from you all day long and then suck you off afterwards, he's a maurie so its what he does best.

5x5 is a 12 week beginner program not a 6 month program. You should have done a 6 month fitness program before 5x5.

Nobody can 5x5 for 6months without military grade experimental growth hormones.

What was your starting weight?

You need a qualified strength coach, don't listen to pretty much everything on forums.

Also your numbers are like someone who never been to a gym ever. You must have shit genetics, I would choose another hobby.....no offence.

Also what is a maurie??? @cumshot.

Last edited:
5x5 is a 12 week beginner program not a 6 month program. You should have done a 6 month fitness program before 5x5.

Nobody can 5x5 for 6months without military grade experimental growth hormones.

What was your starting weight?

You need a qualified strength coach, don't listen to pretty much everything on forums.

Also your numbers are like someone who never been to a gym ever. You must have shit genetics, I would choose another hobby.....no offence.

Also what is a maurie??? @cumshot.

I don't think anyone completely untrained except someone very genetically gifted could bench 100 5x5. Even the squat,99% of people would struggle with mobility initially