• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
B

brucey22

Hows it going reasonably new to the forum and just wanted some advice with a couple of things.

At the moment im 6’3”
Weighing in around 110kgs
And going to the gym at the moment is nearly not existent.

My problem is i know my way around a gym as i used to play sport at a high level.
I seem to be skinny in my arms and legs.

But when it comes to my gut and chest they just seem to be blown out and i cant understand what im doing wrong?

Im a plumber and im constantly digging and lifting so im not unfit.

I know diets a big part but is there any advice you guys/girls could give??

Cheers

Looks like you answered your own question. "Going to the gym at the moment is nearly non existent". "I know diets a big part"

It's most probably your diet, not exercise or gym.

Post up what you are eating each day over a week, and when. That should sort it.

diet is key, especially as you already exercise a lot. I assume you have higher bodyfat level than you want given you refer to gut.

try and calculate your daily calorie intake, and what you actually need in energy terms. then subtract around 500 a day and you will lose fat over time. you can reduce calories further, but this makes it more likely you will lose muscle.

a gym workout targeting all muscles will also help to improve shape, as will sufficient protein while dieting - 2 grams per kg.

aim to lose 0.5kg of fat per week, although scales will show more weight loss in early weeks due to water loss from much less food. tape measure around gut will also tell story as you progress.

over time your physique will improve.

jeez you re a big unit.AFL player?

Hahaha nah i played rugby league. Yeah im gunna start getting everything on track so i feel comfortable taking my shirt off and not shying away from it.

Whats best way keep track of my eating and that??

Cheers

Hahaha nah i played rugby league. Yeah im gunna start getting everything on track so i feel comfortable taking my shirt off and not shying away from it.

Whats best way keep track of my eating and that??

Cheers

i lost 19 kgs in under 5 months when training in 2014 for comp.went from 102 to 83.all i did was not use the car and walk everywhere, cut sugar out where i could,and push carcasses for kms at work.i also sped up my training sessions taking less rest.it fucked my maximal strength level tho.i still ate wat i liked at dinner but in lesser portions.i would skip lunch at work and just have a hot drink sometimes if i felt energetic.i would eat noodles if i felt hungry.i know of powerlifters who have done far meaner cuts.i know of one very good 1 that lost 18 kgs in 6 weeks.fuk knows how.

Last edited:
A simple workout diary or a log on here will work for tracking what training you are doing and what you are eating. If you want to track macros in more detail then an app like myfitnesspa (like showdown said) is easy to use. It's really quite simple to make good choices and we all know basically what is good and what is not. If you log your training and what you eat and monitor your weight all You really need to do is make some small changes. Not Loosing weight, eat cleaner or less or train a little more.

keep that up Gerry and you may also become Ausb's king of comedy as well as its greatest-of-all-time kunce..

Diet is vital, particularly as you as of now practice a great deal, I expect you have higher muscle versus fat level than you need given you allude to gut, attempt and ascertain your day by day calorie consumption and what you really require in vitality terms, at that point subtract around 500 per day and you will lose fat after some time, you can lessen calories further, yet this makes it more probable you will lose muscle...

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards