• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
A useful post.

OP, please ignore the shitposting. There do still remain on this forum a few people who genuinely want to help newbies, Simo is one of them. Listen to him.

oi i almost took offense to that.Id suggest that Simo is a noob too,he squats wat i eat for breakfast.Nothing wrong with suggesting for natural increased testosterone production that Nev gets a rack and hits his legs.hell get stronger overall.hes not likely to stick a needle in his ass now is he?its only when i was attacked by the roided up bro curlers that i felt a need to express my dominance.i dont mean to beat my chest but like a gorilla whos enclosure has inferior males introduced into its habitat i revert to natural form.

Last edited:
this is really silly, just give your advice about what he should do. who gives a fuck about who is wrong or right. he can listen to all and make his own mind up.

this is really silly, just give your advice about what he should do. who gives a fuck about who is wrong or right. he can listen to all and make his own mind up.

The funny thing is- people jump onto these forums for validation.
Some just like talking about it.
while others like to troll, then there’s the people who like feeding them, I don’t know which is worse (for a forum) lol

i think the biggest forum killer killer outside of Facebook are the one that keep bagging the posters

nevsutt, here are two programs. one from a world champion, another from my mate who trained this way as a novice before winning a national title. both programs each muscle group twice per week.

Lee Haney’s program, which helped him win the Mr Olympia (bodybuilding’s professional world championship) eight times, is typical of many programs, although we note that his training also varied at times to include exercises such as flies and dips for his chest alone.

Day 1 – Chest/ArmsDay 2 – LegsDay 3 – Back and ShouldersCalves and Abs trained every day
Bench Press
4x6-8 reps
Leg Extension
4x12-15 reps
Front Lat Pull Down – 4 sets of 8-10 repsStanding Calf Raise – 6 sets x 15-20 reps *
Dumbbell Bench press
3x8-10 reps
Leg Press
4x10-12 reps, but only use this exercise one out of 3 workouts
Barbell or T-Bar Row – 4 sets of 6-8 repsSeated Calf Raise – 3-4 sets x 15-20 reps
May use Donkey Calf Raises
Incline Bench Press – 4 sets of 6-8 repsSquats
4-5 sets of 8-10 reps
Cable Rows – 4 sets of 8-10 repsVertical Leg Raise – 4 sets x 15-20 reps
Barbell Curl – 4 sets of 8-10 repLeg Curl – 4 sets of 8-10 repsMilitary Press – 4-5 sets of 6-8 repsIncline Sit Ups – 4 sets x 15-20 reps
Preacher Curl – 4 sets of 8-10 repsStiff Leg Deadlift – 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps, but only use this exercise one out of 3 workoutsSide Lateral – 4 sets of 8-10 repsSeated Leg Raise – 4 sets x 15-20 reps
Cable Tricep Extensions – 4 sets of 10-12 repsUpright Row – 4 sets of 6-8 reps
Skullcrushers – 4 sets of 6-8 reps

Gennaro’s routine from 1985 to 1987 prior to his Mr Australia victory, also included similar exercises, although his program included one more exercise than Haney’s program for most muscle groups.

Day 1- Legs Triceps
Barbell squats 6 x 6-12 (including warm ups)Close grip bench press 5 x 6-10
Vertical (Upside Down) leg press 4x10-12Tricep pushdowns 4 x 8-10
45 degree leg press 4 x 8-10Overhead kneeling tricep extensions 4 x 8-10
leg extensions 4x 12Day 2 Chest
Lying leg curls 5 x 8-12 (including warm ups)Barbell bench press 5 x 4-10
Standing leg curls 4 x 10-12Barbell incline press 5 x 6-8
Straight leg dead lifts 4 x 6-10Dumbell decline press 4 x 6-8
Standing calf raises 4 x 6-12Dumbell flat flies 4 x 10-12
Seated calf raises 4 x 10-12Back
Donkey calf raises 4 x 10-12Chinups 4 x 10-12
Single leg dumbell calf raises 4 x 12-15Single arm dumbell rows 4 x 8-10
45 degree toe press 4 x 12Barbell bent over rows 4 x 6-8
ShouldersLat pulldowns behind neck 4 x 10
Seated press behind neck 5 x 4 -10Seated cable rows 4 x 8-10
Dumbell side raises 4 x 8-12Biceps
Dumbell rear flys 4 x 8-12EZ barbell curls 4 x 6-10
Barbell front raises 4 x 6-10Seated dumbell curls 4 x 6-10
Barbell upright rows 4 x 8Ez barbell preacher curls 4 x 8
Abdominal work

lee haney told us at seminar that he basically has trained the same way since he started weights, only that poundages used increased over time through progression, intensity and nutrition. he also said that eating enough calories was of around 60% importance.

other guys recommend training the entire body with a few basic exercises 2-3 times per week.

I don't understand you. and what has facebook got to do with this thread?

Goosey is passive aggressively saying that i should bugger off before feelings get hurt.dont worry goosey my mate,i realise my mauling of you a while ago has resonated inside your skull until the thudding is as loud as a jumbo jet so i will refrain, buttercup.im leaving soon bro then it will be back to how it was.you boring the reader to sleep.

also, maybe try just a few exercises for each muscle group as you ease into workout regularity and intensity.

Just don’t go too full on day one cos you’ll sore as shit for days.
Once you train a muscle 3 times it’s ok to push it harder.

So I went out and bought a multi Gym
Now what??
Might sound like a silly question but for someone new im a bit lost
Seems to be an argument about weight vs reps?
what weight should one start with how may reps
What exercises
How much and many workouts a week

I'd sell the gym and buy heaps of mirrors and pose all day. The real hardcore gains come from posing in the mirrors. Training is for pussy's, you want to be hard then you need the mirrors bro.

Nev ive trained for about 6.5-7 yrs,in that time i won multiple powerlifting titles at age grade level and represented Australia at over 40s.I hate blowing my own horn

No-one ever gave a fuck about numbers you little fat retard, and nothings changed. Most PLers are homosexuals anyway, its a gay sport, thats why they love bending over doing deads all the time, their just hoping the closest homosexual to them will run up behind them and ever so quickly stick his dick in their ass for a quick butt fuck, this is what all PLers are thinking on a daily basis. As for blowing your own horn, thats all you ever do, you don't STFU ever. You run your mouth like a 10 year old school girl winge winge winge winge blah blah blah blah

Goosey is passive aggressively saying that i should bugger off before feelings get hurt.dont worry goosey my mate,i realise my mauling of you a while ago has resonated inside your skull until the thudding is as loud as a jumbo jet so i will refrain, buttercup.im leaving soon bro then it will be back to how it was.you boring the reader to sleep.

No, not in the least stick around.

And yes you really got me that time, I’m not really sure what it was but it deeply affected me and my whole family and friends we all often talk about it, it’s good to talk.

I don't understand you. and what has facebook got to do with this thread?

You fuckin numpty
im basically saying other than things like Facebook that is killing forums like this it’s the regular troll feeders adding to its demise.

Fuck me, this dude in the op decided to buy a multi gym with no idea what to do?

And we experts climbed over ourselves to give him answers lol.

nevsutt, here are two programs.
He's a newbie, Spartacus. He doesn't need a hundred options, he has the whole internet for that, this leads to indecision and inaction. And he doesn't need a routine with 20-30 different exercises in it, this leads to confusion and inaction.

Follow Simmo's advice, OP.

You fuckin numpty
im basically saying other than things like Facebook that is killing forums like this it’s the regular troll feeders adding to its demise.

fuck off dickhead. I learn much from facebook than from you. :D

He's a newbie, Spartacus. He doesn't need a hundred options, he has the whole internet for that, this leads to indecision and inaction. And he doesn't need a routine with 20-30 different exercises in it, this leads to confusion and inaction.

Follow Simmo's advice, OP.

they are basic programs.

my advice is do what lee haney does 3-4 exercises for big muscle groups and 2 for smaller muscles.