• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
srry to harp on and ill stfu but i worked in a pruning and planting gang with 6 other guys for a couple of yrs.not only did u need a high level of fitness you needed how to read terrain and how the trees where.I was the slowest in terms of outright speed but would 90% of the time end up with the biggest tally.i would run into the bush as soon as the van stopped,wouldnt take breaks and would out maneuver guys by pruning them into the rough.You could have a real hard day following me.lolI dont think they were that sad to see me leave.lol.but ive competed in the workplace for a long time.now im fat and suk.

Last edited:
i have to go to m1@ 83.no chance of beating the incumbents at 93.Trouble is i avoid 2 monsters in australia and run into a kiwi monster at 83.so yeah.lol . not sure if ill compete this yr now with all the mess in aussie powerlifting,would go with the stronger fed hopefully thats wilks,but i need time to get my shit together

Last edited:
hes trying to get Von to come tell us that we all suck.

That wil remain unwritten and unsaid.

If you are feeling down on yourself just remember the mantra of the vain;

Everyone who I outlift is a weakling.
Everyone who outlifts me is a drug cheat.

That wil remain unwritten and unsaid.

If you are feeling down on yourself just remember the mantra of the vain;

Everyone who I outlift is a weakling.
Everyone who outlifts me is a drug cheat.

i think you are brilliant,but lack a certain trait that seperates competitors from gym rats.not sure what it exactly is

i think you are brilliant,but lack a certain trait that seperates competitors from gym rats.not sure what it exactly is

I'm very "competitive" at the things that are most meaningful to me. For fleeting moments, lifting weights can seem more meaningful than other the things I do, but the novelty expires rather suddenly. I'm still not too sure with whom or what I am competing, though. There is an innate (physiological) streak of agression that drives men and we use this to create our masculinity. There my also be underlying feelings of inadequacy or some injustice that we feel compelled to remedy.

Do you fully understand the basis of your need to compete? These are answers that you should seek before you get much older. Before your lifting loses its meaning.

We who seek to build and strengthen our bodies are all "bodybuilders" some are bodybuilders in the strict sense (sensuo stricto) others in the general sense (sensuo lato). A javelin thrower who lifts weights to improve his performance is a bodybuilder sensuo lato. Even a calisthenics weed is a bodybuilder.

I'm very "competitive" at the things that are most meaningful to me. For fleeting moments, lifting weights can seem more meaningful than other the things I do, but the novelty expires rather suddenly. I'm still not too sure with whom or what I am competing, though. There is an innate (physiological) streak of agression that drives men and we use this to create our masculinity. There my also be underlying feelings of inadequacy or some injustice that we feel compelled to remedy.

Do you fully understand the basis of your need to compete? These are answers that you should seek before you get much older. Before your lifting loses its meaning.

We who seek to build and strengthen our bodies are all "bodybuilders" some are bodybuilders in the strict sense (sensuo stricto) others in the general sense (sensuo lato). A javelin thrower who lifts weights to improve his performance is a bodybuilder sensuo lato. Even a calisthenics weed is a bodybuilder.

you hit the nail on the head.ive always been the shortest smallest guy until i started lifting but even before that i was ferociously competitive at watever i did.my parents arent athletic or even interested in sports but i was watching sports from the age of 3 or 4 yrs old.i was smaller than most and felt the need to compensate.and you are right again about lifting losing its meaning when im not training for comp,i need a purpose.Being more muscular than average doesnt cut it.i get bored easy if theres no end goal.

Last edited: