• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

adz332

does anyone here subscribe to the quick release protein / carbs (such as white potatos, white bread and peanut butter etc? straight after a workout to get a quick boost?

Most nutrient timing is complete bullshit. The body is healing itself 24/7, just because you have wpi and dextrose post workout does not mean you will make better gains than if you didn't do this. It might help say 2-3% in your recovery, something very small.

You can do it if you want, but it's not vital.

There is science to show that a carb shot will shuttle nutrients to muscle tissue via insulin, but once muscle requirements are full the insulin then shuttles the left over calories into fat.

Then there is the placebo effect. Since "everyone" says you should take a protein/carb drink straight after workout during the "gainz window", then if you do that you get a mental boost. You know, since I just did 20 sets of bicep curls and now taken my sugar drink, I am super swole and jacked cos I think I am.

Most of the pressure to take a carb protein drink comes from supplement companies.

So, yes, you can do it if you want but it's not necessarily as important of what you eat before your workout and what you eat (solid food) after. Further to this, you can find a huge number of people (usually males) who are taking steroids or similar drugs with very average physiques or barely average strength performance because they don't do EVERYTHING that is needed to progress: train hard, eat nutrient dense foods regularly through the day, get 8-10 hours sleep per 24 hour cycle, have rest days, walk, keep stress under control, etc.

I try to starve myself after working out lately. I eat way too fucken much food, so when i feel i can starve myself then i do exactly that.

does anyone here subscribe to the quick release protein / carbs (such as white potatos, white bread and peanut butter etc? straight after a workout to get a quick boost?

How are you generally feeling before your workout?

i don’t really understand your term “quick boost”

You can do it if you want, but it's not vital.

There is science to show that a carb shot will shuttle nutrients to muscle tissue via insulin, but once muscle requirements are full the insulin then shuttles the left over calories into fat.

Then there is the placebo effect. Since "everyone" says you should take a protein/carb drink straight after workout during the "gainz window", then if you do that you get a mental boost. You know, since I just did 20 sets of bicep curls and now taken my sugar drink, I am super swole and jacked cos I think I am.

Most of the pressure to take a carb protein drink comes from supplement companies.

So, yes, you can do it if you want but it's not necessarily as important of what you eat before your workout and what you eat (solid food) after. Further to this, you can find a huge number of people (usually males) who are taking steroids or similar drugs with very average physiques or barely average strength performance because they don't do EVERYTHING that is needed to progress: train hard, eat nutrient dense foods regularly through the day, get 8-10 hours sleep per 24 hour cycle, have rest days, walk, keep stress under control, etc.

thanks for the post very helpful!

I havn't used that exact brand, but if you have 101 before working out just don't have it too soon before working out. About 30 min pre-workout i'd go a serving of 101 if i used it.

Today i had a medium sized banana and 35g wpi 35 min pre workout, worked brilliantly.

more or less yer!

while people are reading has anyone tried the MUSCLE FOOD 101 by bulk nutrients?
Was thinking of using this before a work out?

Eat your calories.
Whey protein is sufficient to boost protein if required. Yes protein is calories too I know, but minimal.

more or less yer!

while people are reading has anyone tried the MUSCLE FOOD 101 by bulk nutrients?
Was thinking of using this before a work out?

I’ll ask again, how do you feel before?

i still don’t understand why you need an “energy boost” afterwards.
after a hard workout you’ll (should) feel somewhat fatigue, but generally you will feel quite good.

if you are feeling run down you are probably not giving yourself enough time to recover from your previous workout or you are out of condition, one of the two.