• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
off the top of my head without even looking, the top powerlifter in the classic IPF section would be Liz Craven.In the realm of amazingly strong behemoths the top drug free powerlifter is a tiny lady.No male has placed in the opens since Steve Pritchard did in 2012 however i will commit a little bit of time and research to discover who is what and where.it interests me.I know Aussie has had multiple world champs in the juniors and age grade.I suspect currently theres a few Aussie lifters there or thereabouts.

Last edited:
woody, because he a world record against seven fellow masters lifters his age who does the sport around the world.

well done woody, a true champion in his own lunchtime and a fine example for Neanderthal athletes like gerry.

woody, because he a world record against seven fellow masters lifters his age who does the sport around the world.

well done woody, a true champion in his own lunchtime and a fine example for Neanderthal athletes like gerry.

your criticisms always make me laugh you weakling.you couldnt deadlift half of that.

well I could, and I could not care less if I could not. deadlifts are a pretty meaningless lift outside the sport of powerlifting.

but I am glad woody has something to do in his old age.

best strength athlete, imo, was ray rigby. represented Australia in many sports, including weightlifting and powerlifting. won a bronze medal in world powerlifting champs.

seems to me looking over the results so far of IPF championships that the most successful Aussie lifter since the inception of classic lifting in 2012 is JP Cauchi.2 time junior champ and a second place.this isnt including his numerous wins at 66 and 74 at Asia Oceania championships as well.Id place Cameron Mckenzie there or thereabouts as well,hes much bigger so therefore in tougher weight class and has junior world records as well as multiple 2nd placings.Most successful open lifter looking at the stats would be Steve Pritchard.

For the women it seems to me the most successful is Liz Craven because of her success in open class.Yani Zhao is a junior world champ in a bigger weight class.this is really hard guys to say whos more successful,someone who places in a smaller open weight class or someone who wins in the juniors in a bigger weight class.i dunno.lol.thoughts?jeez my head will explode if i have to go analyse the results of asia oceanias as well as commonwealths.

For the mighty Kiwis its obviously Brett Gibbs.we did have a sub junior world champ in the 120s Joel Hintz.for the women it would be Sonia Manaena.

Last edited:
fuk im still thinking about this.should really make a distinction between "best" and most decorated.The best would be the guy or gal with the biggest total?best wilks?or most success at international competitions?

Bev Francis looks a bit femanine doesn't he. He almost looks like a women.

Last edited: