• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
my very first competition i did when i was 39 and a half ,i looked at my fellow competitors in my weight class and the rest of them were all under the age of 25.Even tho powerlifting is age friendly,its really a young mans game.A masters competitor is rare.You would be unlikely to see anyone pull 300 kgs at most comps.A guy over the age of 40,you would have to go to international competition to see that,and id hazard a guess and say its rare there too.Instead of moaning about the lack of competition when you get to 40 and over,you have to consider why that is and understand what Kelvin achieved at the age of 60 is really an outstanding achievement.

to put it in perspective theres perhaps 7.5 billion people on this planet and conservative guess of about 200 million who are 120 kgs and over the age of 60.there could even be more.im only guessing here.This doesnt include the people who are smallerHes the strongest out of a few hundred million people in his weight and age class and stronger than most people who are smaller.food for thought sparty.Whereas are you even the strongest 50 yr old in your gym?

Last edited:
you took potshots at me when i was winning age grade titles without fully understanding the sacrifices and the effort i made to even get there in the first place.If it was so easy to achieve then every man and his dog would be doing it.You cant,yet you seem to belittle guys who can.i believe you wont achieve anything,your just a talker and they are a dime a dozen,i interact with types like this every day.the coulda shoulda wouldas.i just laugh to myself and keep on truckin.

Last edited:
why would I do that?

we had our comp, you backed out, I won, end of story.

spartacus 1, Gerry 0.

I am a humble champion, but I won without lifting a finger. a fine card player I am.

so fuck off Gerry.

:p

lmao hes such a delusional wanker.i offered to go meet him and have a train but he turned that down knowing full well i would overpower him in the gym.real unethical kunt.trolls me hard with his dishonesty.

Despite the guesses, innuendo and outright bullshat on Reddit, there is now a new Oz IPF affiliate.

Dear athletes, coaches, officials and referees of Australia;It is with great pleasure to inform you, the IPF Executive Committee has accepted the Australian Powerlifting Union (APU) as a provisional member of the International Powerlifting Federation.
A powerlifting federation cannot be created in one day or for that matter in one week. It requires time and needs to be created, carefully, in accordance to our rules and in accordance to the laws of the Australia.
This was the reason for the delay and we appreciate, very much, both your patience and your support.
We kindly welcome all current powerlifters that are willing to join the Australian Powerlifting Union. Enclosed below is the contact information for the APU. The APU is now open for business and accepting member applications. Of course, it will be your choice as to whether or not you wish to join the new federation. It is not compulsory to become a member; however, if you're wanting to lift at an IPF sanctioned International or World Championships or set IPF World Records, you will be required to join the APU.
Australian Powerlifting Union, Ltd.
Office / Headquarters
Post Office Bix 1270
Indooroopilly, Queensland
Australia 4068
Email: australianpowerliftingunion@gmail.com
Tel: +61-484-378-037
Mr. Sean Muir
President
Australian Powerlifting Union
21/82 Russell Terrace
Queensland, Australia 4068
Tel: +61-422-146-213
Email: seanmuir@yahoo.com.au
Scott Peisley
Secretary General
9 Emerald Street
Hamilton North, Australia 2292
Tel: +61-346-223-21
Fax: +61-492-089-79
Email: scott.peisley.physiotherapist@gmail.com
To close, we offer to all of the members and APU Executive our heartfelt congratulations. Well done and much success!
Respectfully,
The Executive Committee
International Powerlifting Federation

Of course, this just means that Gasbag who runs the IPF, needed a very quick fix to the problem he caused by disenfranchising every Australian PA/IPF lifter, over his personal feud with Bob Wilks.

So far the APU hasn't even got a working phone or web site. Looks like all the domain names were taken recently. Cough. So, no news on whether there will be a team going to worlds in June (I doubt it very much), no news on: a competition calendar, who will qualify as judges, will there be nationals, will there be a worlds team this year, how much is membership, etc. Also, by default it will have to be drug tested (not that all countries do that, especially out of season) but it will take about 3 years (I'm told) to get government approval.

I realize that it would take a lot of hard work to set up an entirely new fed, especially when it's all volunteer (right? no payment? Gaston?) but this could have all been avoided by simply answering the charges made against the executive in the first place. After all, the last thing in the world any country needs is yet another flaccid federation, diluting the lifting pool and generally making the sport sucky.

Last edited:
its a mess.how is the new fed going to cover the cost of drug testing?Trouble is PA also is starting to get a bit expensive.Especially for a young student who has to travel to comps and stay at motels.Fuk this shit is killing drug free powerlifting in Aussie.The main beneficiary will be GPC.Much cheaper for a young person.Robert will have his support base in Melbourne but young peeps who live out of Victoria?

Fark just thinking about it,theres a myriad of ways a shady kunt could exploit the discord.hmm.especially if you are a kunt who doesnt give a fck.Theres already been an example of a guy who got done for selling steroids making it all the way to the open Nationals.Noone bothered to do a background check.There could be others out there with a lack of ethics willing to exploit the lack of drug testing in either fed.

Last edited:
Take up another sport.

im not sure wat to do.Apart from the Worlds,the pinnacle of powerlifting in this region is the Oceanias.But Wilks basically owns it as well.If other countries decide to compete with him,they risk getting a ban from the IPF.Actually the IPF wont fuck around they will ban NZ ,Nauru and the islands.
Its a bit demoralising to be honest.I was all set to train hard and was looking forward to the small possibility i could go to Nauru as a masters lifter.Now thats fucked.
Roberts supporters will have to come to terms with the nationals being the pinnacle.Im not sure how they can compete internationally anymore.Wilks has been strangled.bullshit really.

Last edited:
Its also a possibility that the new IPF fed could ban anyone who joins PA.After all its been that way for yrs in PA,that anyone participating in a rival fed will get a ban,that also could now apply to PA seeing as its now the rebel fed.Its really up to how the new boss of the IPF in aussie sees it.

Kelvin at least you have the USPL option.its probably 2nd only to the worlds in terms of quality.Would the prospect of winning a prestigious title entice you to have a go at that?

Just take drugs and lift in CAPO. Prob solved.

nah.i like lifting natty.trouble is gains can be slow and u have a much less impressive physique and strength level than someone who does drugs.im not jelly of it either.each to their own.ive lost only about 12-15% off my squat , bench about the same and 5% off my deadlift despite not training for almost 2 yrs and training like a bitch when i came back.i believe if i get a decent run of training in aussie i can get back to my best.this is from building a base natty i think.

Last edited:
Hopefully the new fed won't be set up in such a way that discourages casual powerlifters, or to be owned by one person (which seems to be why PA / OPF were turfed in their entirety from the IPF).

Seems a bit petty that Wilks has registered the domain names associated with the new fed already.

Hopefully the new fed won't be set up in such a way that discourages casual powerlifters, or to be owned by one person (which seems to be why PA / OPF were turfed in their entirety from the IPF).

Seems a bit petty that Wilks has registered the domain names associated with the new fed already.

starting to be a bit cost prohibitive.175 to join,75 for comps,and likely to be 300 bucks plus for the nats.i cant remember how much the asia oceanias were but it was quite expensive buying the gear etc.all i can remember it was 40 bucks for deadlift socks.fukin 40 bucks for socks!they have lasted a while tho,i wear them sometimes when i cant find any clean ones lol but shit if you factor in you could be living away from the main centres,train and plane travel plus motel costs,a national or international level comp could cost you a fair bit.
you also factor in PAs membership is likely to shrink from all this and the new fed will hopefully drug test,so its likely the cost is going up no matter which way u go

Last edited: