• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Opening paragraph of the latest newsletter:

Powerlifting Australia is powering into 2018 with the roster of local and major events growing by the day. You may have heard of challenges to our dominance in Australian Powerlifting, but suffice to say those are vastly overblown. Note that PA et al have proceedings pending in the Court of Arbitration in Sport to set aside various purported exclusions from the IPF and you will be apprised of developments there.

It then goes on to list a number of national and international events on the calendar and new coaching guidelines from the "Australian Sports Commission has made major changes to the National Coaching and Officiating scheme", so it looks like full steam ahead, nothing changed (except that worlds is not listed, of course).

You will get a better idea of whats happening (if you are interested) by comparing the Facebook and insta pages of the IPF and PA, not the rumour mill of forums and reddit etc.

Opening paragraph of the latest newsletter:

It then goes on to list a number of national and international events on the calendar and new coaching guidelines from the "Australian Sports Commission has made major changes to the National Coaching and Officiating scheme", so it looks like full steam ahead, nothing changed (except that worlds is not listed, of course).

You will get a better idea of whats happening (if you are interested) by comparing the Facebook and insta pages of the IPF and PA, not the rumour mill of forums and reddit etc.

Yeah, because everything on FB is the truth.
It has a bullshit meter that prevents any untruths from being posted.
Gotcha.

he has never been right, he predicted pa and wilks would stay in ipf. he has no clue. he should stick to lifting, he is good at that.

sean muir, 600kg total as over 40 age lifter in 74kg division. great to have a champion lifter running new IPF fed, is it not woody.

sean muir, 600kg total as over 40 age lifter in 74kg division. great to have a champion lifter running new IPF fed, is it not woody.

Dont know Sean but hes an awesome lifter.Holds a few PA records.i wanted to knock over his m1@83 squat record in 2014 but didnt even get near it.too bloody heavy!

Last edited:
woody, you have no idea. you said the IPF would not kick PA out. you talk bullshit.

Did I? I don't recall saying that (Insert Jeff Sessions joke here). I remember saying that the PA court case trying to obliterate the past few years of IPF results was just a way of getting a legal response, not a serious attempt, but if I did say that, just point me to the specific post.

If I did say that, obviously I guessed wrong.

Either way, I am a currently competitive powerlifter. You are a member of a forum. Nothing else. This is a bodybuilding forum with sections for powerlifters, bodybuilders, strongman & crossfit. You do none of those things. Mebbe turn up on Mondays to do chest and look in the mirror.

If you want to pontificate on about your personal views on a fed that has somehow made you run off in tears to your mommy, maybe show us why your point of view has some sort of valid basis. At the moment, you are acting like a child on the sidelines taunting others who are having a tough time in a football game.

Like a child, you are unable to see the much bigger picture. Disenfranchising both a national federation and hundreds of individual athletes over a personal spat then creating another federation completely divides the sport within Australia and weakens both the national sport and international representation.

While powerlifting will never be as popular as other lesser sports, such as tennis and swimming, that's fine. Each to their own. But diluting the talent pool will never make the sport stronger.

An example of that is the dominance by NZ in rugby. Its a tiny nation with a population about equal to the city of Melbourne. Rugby league is played there too, but not nearly as popular. Meanwhile in Australia, our rugby pool is diluted by aussie rules (AFL) and the flaggotty NFL popular in NSW & Queensland.

But anyway, put up or shut up. You talk the talk, how about you walk the walk? Get on a platform (any platform for phuksakes) and gain some sort of substance to your opinion.

At the moment, Gerry (@spartysucks) has far more credence than you. He trains, he has goals, he is a member of a federation and he has a goal to get back on the platform. Again. Meanwhile, you seem to be the Sheldon Cooper of the forum, having learnt to swim on the lounge room floor while watching Youtube tutorials.

My offer to pay for your powerlifting comp entry fee still applies. No excuses.

Last edited:
This is a bodybuilding forum with sections for powerlifters, bodybuilders, strongman & crossfit. You do none of those things. Mebbe turn up on Mondays to do chest and look in the mirror.

You missed the section for perverts and deviates!

Meanwhile, you seem to be the Sheldon Cooper of the forum, having learnt to swim on the lounge room floor while watching Youtube tutorials.

This made me laugh. Sparty, the Sheldon Cooper of the interwebs :D

a5da5e937a320908ee17bf52a109e6e8.jpg
[SUB][/SUB]

sparty isnt physically capable of powerlifting anymore.its too tough.he can do 1 lift reasonably competently and thats it.no disrespect intended,you need your shit together to be a competitive powerlifter.

Last edited: