• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
It will all come out, sooner or later, one way or another.

It's like a moon landing. You might be able to fake one if it was all done by only 10 people. But a huge team, with international co-operation (watch The Dish if you have a free evening), a cover up won't last. Especially when you do it SIX TIMES!!

So, whoever is raping the IPF sheep will eventually be outed.

Meanwhile, an entire federation of individual lifters are being screwed. Of course, to avoid all this, you only need to copy the CAPO/WPC/GPC style and allow any and all drug use, allow wraps for "raw" to make it easier, use monolifts to make squatting easier, allow head off the bench and heels up benching to make it easier, have a very liberal view of what "parallel" means to pass shitty squats, allow noodle bendy bars to make deadlifts the same as pulling off blocks and encourage splintering of the sport by allowing anyone to start a fed (50+ feds in the US alone).

The IPF may be going through a tough patch now, but it will all get sorted eventually.

Ive chatted to a few kiwi powerlifters and the consensus is Wilks is a bit of a kunt.i reckon thats unfair and said so.Good luck to Robert,i suspect hes onto something and got given the heave ho because of it.

Ive chatted to a few kiwi powerlifters and the consensus is Wilks is a bit of a kunt.i reckon thats unfair and said so.Good luck to Robert,i suspect hes onto something and got given the heave ho because of it.

Yep. Thats about spot on. He is seen as a bit of a kunt due to his rather strange way he has with social contact. But people who work with him or train with him love him. He can be abrupt, seem negative or tell you something with zero social filter, but his intentions are all good and he puts a huge amount into the sport, including his time and personal funds.

A friend of mine who used to train with me in Melbourne changed to the Melbourne Uni gym to get training from him, after I told him to do so. He was a bit unimpressed after the first couple of sessions but now he thinks the world of him. He has trained him from being a good lifter to a world class lifter in about 2 years.

I notice that the people who criticise him the most are non IPF members or not even powerlifters (*coughsparty*). All are tossing in unfounded gossip, innuendo, "fake news" and outright lies to smear someone who has the welfare of ALL powerlifters at heart. I swear that the worst critics are all Trump supporters.

hes vastly experienced.i trained with a couple of guys who got a program off him and they made great gains from it.Whereas dumbo here(me) thought i knew better and made zero to negative progress.lol.thats an indication that Wilks knows his stuff.I always found him willing to give me a bit of his time and am thankful for it.

gerry, you would not have a clue.

Yep. Thats about spot on. He is seen as a bit of a kunt due to his rather strange way he has with social contact. But people who work with him or train with him love him. He can be abrupt, seem negative or tell you something with zero social filter, but his intentions are all good and he puts a huge amount into the sport, including his time and personal funds.

A friend of mine who used to train with me in Melbourne changed to the Melbourne Uni gym to get training from him, after I told him to do so. He was a bit unimpressed after the first couple of sessions but now he thinks the world of him. He has trained him from being a good lifter to a world class lifter in about 2 years.

I notice that the people who criticise him the most are non IPF members or not even powerlifters (*coughsparty*). All are tossing in unfounded gossip, innuendo, "fake news" and outright lies to smear someone who has the welfare of ALL powerlifters at heart. I swear that the worst critics are all Trump supporters.

why the personal attacks you Neanderthal. ;) keep ripping that bar of the floor bro.

at the end of the day, who cares whether Australia has an IPF affiliate. what are there 300 members.

oh listen to the guy who was gonna rock my world.Its gone from gerry im 6 1 93 kgs of rippling fury to oh i might join up one day to who cares.haha.you re outgunned here.

yes Gerry, I shit myself having to face a great lifter like you. is that really how the debate went, or are you bullshitting as usual.

yes Gerry, I shit myself having to face a great lifter like you. is that really how the debate went, or are you bullshitting as usual.

my 210 squat would of sent you to the centre of the earth had you attempted it.my bench would of pinned you until an ambulance came and scraped your remains off the platform.my deadlift would of ripped your soul from your body and left you a lifeless husk.

why would I do that?

we had our comp, you backed out, I won, end of story.

spartacus 1, Gerry 0.

I am a humble champion, but I won without lifting a finger. a fine card player I am.

so fuck off Gerry.

why would I do that?

we had our comp, you backed out, I won, end of story.

spartacus 1, Gerry 0.

I am humble champion.

haha that made me lol.you really are shameless my friend,its ok.you bluffed me into thinking you had stones for cojones instead of tiny sultanas.

Last edited:
Kelvins 310 deadlift record,i cant see anyone in the forseeable future getting anywhere near it.Perhaps Graham MacDonald might when he turns 50 but thats years away and hes up against father time and the degenerating forces that come with it.you should pay your respects.

you are a funny guy Gerry.

if i ever see woody, hopefully never, I will drop to me feet in awe of his 310kg deadlift.

you are a funny guy Gerry.

if i ever see woody, hopefully never, I will drop to me feet in awe of his 310kg deadlift.

im boring in reality,you would be entirely underwhelmed if you met me.if i dont know you then you would be wondering if i actually have a pulse or not.i am entertaining to my wife and kids and mates tho,they know me.i save the cartoonish behaviour for them and the internet mate.ive very respectful to other powerlifters as i understand the training involved.heavy training is dangerous and hard on the body.

Last edited: