• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
i went to a catholic school and respect christianity.i dont go to church and cant be bothered.you have to get me in the right mood if u wanna discuss religion,usually it can irritate me if i dont feel like it.

That doesn't make sense. You say you respect christianity, yet you can't be bothered going to church. So basically your a hipocrite.

That doesn't make sense. You say you respect christianity, yet you can't be bothered going to church. So basically your a hipocrite.

im not perfect.he who is without sin can cast the stone.haha im going to drive you into madness with jesus quotes you slobbering fggt.

Chris can we stay on topic please?u always want to turn it into a toe to toe for some reason.perhaps your failures in life have given you this characteristic.Jesus says to turn the other cheek remember?

Back in the 90s Nauru was still flush with the cash the UK/NZ/Oz had given it to compensate for turning it into a cratered wasteland. They didn't know what to spend it on, they put a fucking big golf course on the island, and they even invested in a musical in London based on the life of Da Vinci, it tanked.

Then a former weightlifter became President, and decided to promote the sport. He got Australia's Paul Coffa to come along, gave him an old church hall, half a dozen platforms and barbells and so on, and they put out the word that everyone should come and try it out.

So literally hundreds of people came along and tried it out. And being Polynesian, they like to eat - there's not much anorexia in the Pacific islands. And they spend a lot of time outdoors. Get hundreds of people to try lifting, some will happen to be good at it; get hundreds of big people with nothing else to do to try it, and some will be very good.

The fast flexible ones become weightlifters, the slow stiff ones become powerlifters.

Meanwhile in weightlifting in Australia, a few years back they had a Pacific championships down at Hawthorn WL club, I found a couple of islanders snatching in my shitty globogym in Kew, I asked why they were there rather than at the club, "they couldn't get anyone to open the door for us." You're hosting an international competition and you can't get someone to open the door for the international visitors. And then for the recent Olympics they passed over a bunch of good women lifters so they could send a Crossfitter who was going to the Crossfit world games three weeks before. "It'll bring a lot of Crossfitters into the sport!" they said; of course it didn't, it just drove a lot of current weightlifters out.

And this is how ten square miles of birdshit in the Pacific is better than a first world nation of 24 million people in weightlifting. They encourage everyone to give it a go, and tell them to eat; we discourage people from trying, and tell them to starve themselves.

good stuff.thanks Kyle.i remember rocking up and shaking Jezza Uepas hand at the Asia Oceanias in 2014.First thing i noticed and i noticed with other Nauruans is that they are short people.Jezza was only a bit taller than me.he is wide as fck tho.im no giant at 5 7ish but i chatted with Roland Raboe and a couple of others and Roland despite being in the 93 kg class was at a guess 5 3.This in turn would make them good squatters.Im interested in how Jezza has been able to increase his squat by a formidable margin yr after yr.usually your squat will get stuck for a while but his has increased from 380ish in 2013 to around 460-470 in only 4 yrs.how?

Last edited:
He has the right levers for squatting, he has great genetics and he has the motivation of financial support from the government and social support from those around him. Other than that, just plain old hard grinding work.

"What makes Nauru so obese?" Should be the title.

"By measure of mean body mass index (BMI) Nauruans are the most overweight people in the world;[SUP][103][/SUP] 97% of men and 93% of women are overweight or obese.[SUP][103][/SUP] In 2012 the obesity rate was 71.7%.[SUP]"[/SUP]

Yes but they're fat and strong. Whereas the two-thirds or so of Australians who are overweight or obese are fat and weak.

It's a clusterfuck of a country. I mean they had billions, blew them away and are now so desperate for cash they have to take money from Australia to be our prison camp. Most of their country is uninhabitable because they literally turned it into a rubbish tip. A good chunk of the rest is a golf course, and none of them play fucking golf anyway.

But they have some strong people. All they needed was a training hall, some barbells and plates, and a few hundred people to give it a go. Competent enthusiastic coaching is the key to growing any sport.

"What makes Nauru so obese?" Should be the title.

"By measure of mean body mass index (BMI) Nauruans are the most overweight people in the world;[SUP][103][/SUP] 97% of men and 93% of women are overweight or obese.[SUP][103][/SUP] In 2012 the obesity rate was 71.7%.[SUP]"[/SUP]

Fat kunts in glasshouses shouldnt throw stones.Ive seen a pic of you,not only do you look semi retarded and have a ginormous noggin,you make Jezza look svelte.Plus theres women from Nauru in the lighter weight classes on the platform that would blow you out of the water moby.Shove your BMI up your ass,it doesnt mean shit.

in my opinion they are the pound for pound strongest race on the planet.The accusation of them being fat doesnt stack up when they dominate at Oceania level across all the weight classes.

Islander genetics IMO. Seen so many insanely strong Islanders who don't do any formal strength training it's not funny.