• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
A

Andy3083

Hi all,

Looking to upgrade my Chinese barbell to a proper one. I've been lurking around here and other forums for a while and have narrowed it down to two.

Australian Barbell Co. BOP220 with deep fine knurl and stainless sleeves. Or,

Rogue Power Bar.

At the moment I'm swaying heavily to the BOP mainly because of the black zinc finish on the rogue. I'm concerned that it isn't very durable and I don't want to deal with rust or a long winded maintenance routine. My home gym is inside my house.

What's the durability/rust/maintenance like with these bars? Am I giving the black nitride on the BOP too much credit v the zinc?

Open to other bar suggestions too but the price/quality/recommendations lead me to these two bars.

Cheers

Thanks Spartacus.

Yeah I don't hear too many bad things about ABC except some complaints about their website - newly updated and lack of info about their products. Otherwise it's all praise.

I'll get the stainless sleeves if I go the ABC though. I think it will be a little more durable.

I have owned an ABC bar before and the are great for the price. Plus, they are made in OZ. No rust issues at all. I had the black finish.

I like the idea of buying Australian made.

The lack of info on the ABC bars was my concern. Most other manufacturers bombard you with details - most of which are probably useless/hype - but it does help when comparing them.

Bump up an old thread.
Buy a decent Bar even if just a standard bar. Forget all the chinese shit. I have a Black Bar USA feather steel. It rusts but who gives a fuck. Looks old school like the old York Bars back in the day.