• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
G

Godlike

Hey guys

I've been taking a WPI for a couple months, and have noticed an increase in weight and strength, but I was still a little impatient with the speed of my growth. Recently I bought myself a mass gainer. Optimum Nutrition's Serious Mass. Everyone seems to talk this stuff up but I've only ever tried their pre-workout (which seems above par). Anyway, I've been taking the recommended amount each day, and I'm trying to maintain the rest of my diet. It's been easy to get the routine down pat, and I've been feeling really strong in the gym (which I'm aware is mostly placebo). There's just a small problem that I'm hoping I don't have to avoid. While conducting private business this afternoon, my finished product wasn't the same as it usually is. Does anyone else feel these effects of minor constipation when consuming mass gainers/ other supplements? What are some things I can do to help reduce these effects, for instance; dietary changes? Are there any other side effects that I should be aware of?

I'm in my early 20's and consider myself to be pretty healthy. I've been training properly since I was 15.
Any help would be appreciated.

Godlike

Yeah and those weight gainers are shit.
You were better off with the WPI.

Last edited:
I'm the opposite, i shit 3-4 times a day sometimes, runny as all fuck spraying all over the place, its disgusting. Usually i shit just 1-2 times a day, but lately i increased my vege intake and that has normalised my insides, i now do massive big solid shits, i'll post up some photos later.

I switched from dextrose in my shakes to powdered oats recently, good improvement. I try make my shakes last me 2-3 hours now so using dextrose was an amatuer move. If i were to make a bulking shake i would use powdered oats as the base, say 100-200g(i only do 100g max cause i'm already too big) + 60g wpi in water. Oats are a food source so they are not what you should call a supplement.

Some of those mega bulking mixes recommend like 250g+ carbs per serving lol, and they say to drink this 2-3 times ed on top of your regular meals, fuck that right off! They also have fats and proteins, way too many calories for the average kunt. This is more PL territory since a lot of PLers are fat kunts and they strive off high calorie diets.

Weight gainers are just very expensive sugar and a complete scam.

Click on the supplement facts link below the main pic:

https://www.optimumnutrition.com/en_US/products/serious-mass#m84Ocr4RJBrI45E3.97

Serving size is 334g

Protein in that is 50g = approximately 15%.

Sugar and other carbs = approx 85%.

So, you are paying, whatever you are paying, for very, very expensive sugar.

Just use your normal WPI. If you want to add calories to your daily intake, get your protein up to 2-3g/kg from real food then add healthy fats and top that off with carbs. If you want to add sugar to your WPI (not necessary) then just buy some dextrose. If you can hunt down someone who sells beer brewing stuff (I used to get mine from Safeway or Dan Murphys) and buy a kilo of dextrose or dextrose/maltodextrin mix for a few bucks.

Guys like you are cannon fodder for supps companies. Don't get sucked in.

No, it takes fuck all time.

Don't buy them powdered already, you're paying way too much.

Mass Gainers won't cause constipation, they are just protein power with a shitload of sugar, so essentially you are paying $20/kg or more for sugar with a bit of protein powder added.

If you must just buy protein powder and add sugar yourself, but really I have never found protein powders to do anything at all, plenty enough protein in your food you eat every day.

Someone asked me how to get dense rock hard muscles and i said to add cement to their shakes from now on...........never saw the guy again after that, he probably took my advice thats why.