• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Fuck me, this sounds like fun

"10. Burpee Mile

The Facts:
Exactly as it sounds: complete one mile of burpees. Find a track, do a burpee followed by a broad jump. Repeat for four times around the track or 1600 meters.
The Brutality:
On average, athletes complete 600-800 burpees over the course of a mile. No walking allowed. That’s a hell of a lot of burpees, and while this will tax all of the muscles in your body, it will likely present the biggest challenge to your willpower.
The Challenge:
The average finish time is about 90 minutes with the number of burpees based on the length of your broad jump."

Think I'd die of boredom first.

I was thinking challenge, not suicide.

That's insane.

Join a martial arts club and get your first belt.
I've been doing Krav Maga for 18 months now, wish I'd done it earlier. Gone thru a few challenging gradings & come out the other end ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been there done that, was a full time instructor for 10 years and competed internationally.

And a full time instructor needs ideas about fitness? Right?
What exactly did you instruct?

Lol. Come on Sherky, don't be a kunce. That's mine, Goosey and Darky's job :p

You can tell by Mickey's posts that a lot of his training has been Martial Arts focused. For anyone who has done much Martial Arts training that is.

And a full time instructor needs ideas about fitness? Right?

I don't need ideas about fitness, again you get confused and are have trouble with comprehension.

What exactly did you instruct?

Various things, ranging from Traditional Kempo, full contact Open Martial Arts (before UFC was popular), Philippino Stick and Knife fighting, Muai Thai and later Kick Boxing as well as Women's Self defence clinics. Held Instructor/ Coach certification for all of the above as well as being a qualified national referee, and won Martial Arts coach of the year award back in the early 90's as voted and published in the Blitz Australasian Martial Arts Magazine back in the day.

There is probably more, dabbled in Brazilian Jiujitsu, traditional weapons, Kendo, Judo as well as travelling to the US to train with the now late Ed Parker, Bill Wallace and Benny the Jet Urquidez, and spending time in Thailand to learn Muai Thai at the source.

Various things, ranging from Traditional Kempo, full contact Open Martial Arts (before UFC was popular), Philippino Stick and Knife fighting, Muai Thai and later Kick Boxing as well as Women's Self defence clinics. Held Instructor/ Coach certification for all of the above as well as being a qualified national referee, and won Martial Arts coach of the year award back in the early 90's as voted and published in the Blitz Australasian Martial Arts Magazine back in the day.

There is probably more, dabbled in Brazilian Jiujitsu, traditional weapons, Kendo, Judo as well as travelling to the US to train with the now late Ed Parker, Bill Wallace and Benny the Jet Urquidez, and spending time in Thailand to learn Muai Thai at the source.

Stiffy likes :)

Far out, your experience in fighting sports is very high.

I was apologizing to Mick.
We are not worthy to be in his presence.

Who's this "we" whiteboy. You, a lot of you may be peasants, but Mickey and me are like Dukes and Earls, blue bloods, like Aristocracy around here!

[MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION] you want a Challenge. How about a 100 Man (Ausbb) Kumite? You could knock some sense into some of the Marys that give you shit around here! :D