• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

plAythiNG

Greetings all. Its been awhile since I posted on here,

My wife is looking to work out from home, I am looking to get her a set of used dumbbells and a vertical stand to save space as an Xmas present for her.

I had a look at what you can get online, and feel like its a massive waste getting DB's from 1-6kg with no skipping. These are useless to majority of people on the planet.

Ultimately I would love a vertical stand capable of holding DB's from 7 - 35kg.

I dont think this is achievable, so I am hoping for 7kg - 20kg?

Are there also 2/3 tier setups that are no wider than 1metre?

any suggestions?

Not 100% sure what you are trying to say here.

You want second hand db set but you also want a custom db set perfect for your perceived needs?? Unfortunately if you buy second hand you are limited to what people in your area are selling.

Don't understand what 1-6kg no skipping means?? You can buy a skipping rope pretty cheap from most sporting stores, even K Mart etc sell them.

You said you are buying it for your wife, yet you want to start at 7kg?? Most women won't be lifting 7kg for a lot of db exercises, I know a lot of men who won't lift 7kg for certain exercises. a 35kg Db is huge and I doubt your wife would ever be doing any exercise that requires a 35kg db.

May be contact Gymdirect or similar sellers to see what they have.

If you look at Gym Direct they do a 10-25kg set on a vertical stand and also a 10 to 40kg set on a vertical stand.

Even though I think 10kg is way too heavy for a female (I am assuming beginner) trainer.

Both currently on special.

Not 100% sure what you are trying to say here.

You want second hand db set but you also want a custom db set perfect for your perceived needs?? Unfortunately if you buy second hand you are limited to what people in your area are selling.

Don't understand what 1-6kg no skipping means?? You can buy a skipping rope pretty cheap from most sporting stores, even K Mart etc sell them.

You said you are buying it for your wife, yet you want to start at 7kg?? Most women won't be lifting 7kg for a lot of db exercises, I know a lot of men who won't lift 7kg for certain exercises. a 35kg Db is huge and I doubt your wife would ever be doing any exercise that requires a 35kg db.

May be contact Gymdirect or similar sellers to see what they have.

sorry my english not that good.

1-6kg is a waste even for my wifes standards in terms of weight lifting. truth be told, the 7-10kg range is for my wife, and the remainder is for me ;p

If you look at Gym Direct they do a 10-25kg set on a vertical stand and also a 10 to 40kg set on a vertical stand.

Even though I think 10kg is way too heavy for a female (I am assuming beginner) trainer.

Both currently on special.

thanksMick!I willcheckoutGymDirect.

There is so many websites in aus, not sure which one is decent! that 10-25kg vertical stand sounds brilliant. cna just buy a 7.5kg pair for the misso!

When he says vertical stand, I assumed each stacked on top of each other, like the racks you get of 1-10kg dumbbells.
"No skipping" means every kilo included in the 1-10kg set, nothing to do with skipping ropes.

Like so...
5d1598f057f4d0ace5e428ac88f8817f.jpg

I don't think you'll find what you're looking for in such a set up because the larger dunbells won't fit on the same rack. It would end up very tall, with a small footprint so a) be unstable and b) be rather difficult to reach the ones at the top, especially if they're on the heavy side.

Just get a 2 or 3 tier rack and whatever second hand set you can come across provided it fits in your room. Can always get those adjustable dumbbells that come on a stand but I've never used them.

Last edited:
thanksMick!I willcheckoutGymDirect.

There is so many websites in aus, not sure which one is decent! that 10-25kg vertical stand sounds brilliant. cna just buy a 7.5kg pair for the misso!

Have you considered adjustable Db's, they are cheaper, but you have to keep adjusting them.