• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
LIFT HEAVY, LEAN OUT
So, you've got your mass-building program, but what happens when you want to cut? You'll have to switch up the program, right? Absolutely wrong! If the heavy lifting is what built the muscle in the first place, that's what's going to keep it there.

If anything, strive to keep getting stronger as you lose weight. The gains won't come as quickly, but maintaining your strength is a surefire way to maintain your muscle. If you buy into all that high-reps-for-cuts nonsense, you'll end up flat, stringy, and weak by the end of your diet.

You're right creatine is muscle sparing in calorie deficit

Yeah thats it. I've heard a lot of people saying they cycle off creatine when they cut, when in actual fact its extremely useful during cutting/dieting etc. During these phases we need the muscles to hold as much nutrients as possible in order to keep them nice and full whilst cutting/dieting etc.

The reason why they cycle off it on a cut is to reduce bloat.

But taking creatine doesn't impact actual fat loss, I understand why people stop taking (i've been one of them) but I believe it's more important to try and hold on to muscle during your calorie deficit than worry about slight water retention

Depends on your goals.
If you want the shredded look then water must go.

for sure but better to cut with creatine and water retention to preserve muscle mass and then remove creatine/sodium/whatever else to drop the water weight to get the shredded look imo

Preventing muscle loss relies more on protein quantity and training. Imo. And not too big a deficit.

No reason you need to lose any muscle unless you feel the most useless desire to dip well down below 10%. An unless you are stepping onto a stage....pointless.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk