• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Whilst I agree with most of this statement, I actually think that there are also plenty of people who do not train anywhere near hard enough. By hard training I don't mean breaking yourself but consistent hard work week after week.

I agree, i think many people hit failure and just back right off, the first sign of pain they back off. They are stimulating the muscle, but you can give yourself quite a bit of pain without annihilating your muscles. I have a tendancy to go too far quite often, its something i struggle with still to this day, i train too hard and once i hit failure i can often pump out more and more reps but i know i'll be hurting like a mofo from all hell afterwards. I don't know if its adrenaline, dopamine, test or other hormones playing a role here, but i have to keep it under control cause i can very easily push myself too far. The upside of this is, that with enough calories and rest, i really reap the benefits. I need the dopamine release from training, otherwise i'm not satisfied. So i have to find ways to get this release, and if its not hard weights, then i'll do a short weight session and then add in cardio on top of it.

Consistency v Intensity?
Being consistent does not mean you’re training hard.

I've been thinking about this lately. If i train 5 days pw at say 80% max, is this any better than training 3 days pw at 100% max? As often there's always many factors to take into account. I personally think i would make better gains/progress with less training sessions but with higher intensity such as 2-3 high intensity sessions pw.

One guy i knew years back was a heavy peds user and you could tell by looking at him. Anyway he would often only train 3dpw, but the weights he lifted were pretty dam heavy and all compound movements/bulking exercises. He had a good physique as well.

Last edited:
On the subject of instincts; if we followed our instincts we happily sit on a couch and do nothing, to try and avoid any type of pain and effort is high on the agenda.

I wish my instinct was too try and avoid pain and effort by sitting on the couch all day.................

I just want to know where the hell they found 10 drug free males to conduct the study on?????? ��