• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
15-20% strength gain, this is incorrect. For a first timer jumping on say 400-500mg test pw for 10-12 weeks they will see such a marked improvement on their overall physique, strength, power, everything in fact. These improvements blow diet out of the water. It doesn't matter what the guy eats, he will still make excellent improvements to his physique.

Looking at this issue from an advanced point of view: Drugs are doing the majority of the work still in this case, there is no way we can be at the top of BBing and say drugs are only 15-20%, its the other way around. Drugs are 80-85% at least.

funny man; thanks for correcting me. I was talking about strength.

I've been training for 13 years and have never managed more than 120kg Squat for reps. Guess I'm weak as piss and should just harden up or fuck off

Or something
Deadset?

How manys reps? Yeah its not really that much.

I think a 180kg squat for 1 rep is damn strong, someone mad enough to rep it is a monster in my book.
My best so far is a 180x4....without wraps. Weighing 103kg @ 21% lol. I should be repping 200kg next year for similar reps on a good day.

Still natty. 34yo.
Only thing ive needed for increasing size and strength this far has been consistency.
Consistently adding weight to the bar over time. Consistently adhering to recovery principles. Etc.

But meh.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I never had a good squat. I squatted 160kg (clean, high bar and no wraps) in 2011 comp when 49 years old weighing 98kg when about 20% body fat.

but that was breaking with hips, something i never did when at my peak in my 30s.

Far out, you only squatted 160kg, how do you live with yourself mate? how do you sleep at night knowing that you only squatted 160kg?

Deadset?

How manys reps? Yeah its not really that much.

My best so far is a 180x4....without wraps. Weighing 103kg @ 21% lol. I should be repping 200kg next year for similar reps on a good day.

Still natty. 34yo.
Only thing ive needed for increasing size and strength this far has been consistency.
Consistently adding weight to the bar over time. Consistently adhering to recovery principles. Etc.

But meh.

According to Big Mick you should’ve squatted 180 after 3 months.

According to Big Mick you should’ve squatted 180 after 3 months.
I dont think so haha.

For some guys, definately. But they would likely be in the minority.

180 though can be a goal for almost any male.

it also depends on how heavy you are, and how good your form is.

180kg back squat Olympic lifting style well below parallel is quite hard, especially if you are not heavy, say under 90kg.

there is an enormous difference between an Olympic lifting and powerlifting squat, even if both a high bar.

Big Mick just talking trough his ass.
A rare minority would do that after 3 months. I think 120 is more likely.

it also depends on how heavy you are, and how good your form is.

180kg back squat Olympic lifting style well below parallel is quite hard, especially if you are not heavy, say under 90kg.

there is an enormous difference between an Olympic lifting and powerlifting squat, even if both a high bar.
Yep agreed mate.

I squat highbar. Probably somewhere in between PL and OLY. Mostly towards a PL style though for sure. For my HB is easier. Always has been. Haha

I never trained for max squat as it was never a goal, when I started training for max weights, I hit 195kg in about 3 months of training, thats training in my back yard with no spotter and nearly 50 years old, so seriously if you are able bodied and you can't hit 180 in 6-12 month of training stop posing in the mirror and playing with your dick and start lifting weights.

Let me ask you Mickey Mouse, do you consider yourself an average kunt? or would you say your genetics are a little more enhance than your average kunt? From what i know about you, your way more advanced than an average kunt, so it may be hard for you to understand how an average kunt makes gains slower and smaller than you etc.

As for posing in the mirrors, i am a Professional Poser and i pose for approximately 6 hours ed 7 days pw, i don't even train anymore, all my gains come from hardcore posing + cell tech(i'm still on half a tub ed guys). Any professional will tell you that the gains are all in the mirrors, and only pussys train in actual gyms. My house is full of mirrors in every room, i walk around all day with my dick in my hand and posing at the same time. The mirrors in every room are covered in cum, i just keep blowing all over the place, cum shot here cum shot there SPLASH SPLASH, floor gets slippery as well, so i wear scuba diving shoes to stop slipping all over the cum.

Well the average dude is weak as fuck then, I am just an old bloke training in my back yard by myself and I can manage to do it easy enough, surly these heroes injecting drugs will out lift some old **** training with 40 year old weights in his back yard.:confused:

I rep max is the industry and competition standard, what you go off really is not relevant to the rest of the world.

Strength comps are done in one rep max, that's how the world works.

I don't take drugs or supplements, but I actually pick up weight and lift them hard, instead of looking for the easy way out of drugs and supplements like other soft cocks do in an attempt to get out of actually doing hard work.

If you think one rep max are dangerous, it might be time to put your purse away, stop hanging with the girls and start lifting with the men.:D

Seriously if you been in the gym for more than 12 month and you can't hit a 180kg squat you been wasting your time....

The average kunt is weak, thats one thing your right about. Men these days are weaker than they used to be. Due to environmental factors, food, water, meds, drugs etc etc the average guy now has more estro than they used to. Back in the day guys naturally had higher test levels. But once again you are not the average guy Mick, can you realise and understand that?

So thats how the world works, finally i know all the info i need to, thanks Mick!

I reckon you may have used peds mick, maybe your one of those kunts that denies his use, your ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.

I don't agree that everyone should be able to squat 180kg in that timeframe but it is a stout effort from you, also presuming you are around the 100kg mark. Good job.

From memory I was 105kg and 47 or 48 years old training on my back verandah with no spotter or assistance, so it's a weight I could comfortably and safely manage by myself, using a home made squat bar I knocked up in my garage out of some scrap steel, I am guessing in a more 'safe' environment with better equipment those numbers could have been better.

Was doing 5/3/1 at the time if I remember correctly.

I like powerlifting because there is no subjectivity in the judging, you either make the lift or you don't.

I rate bodybuilding the same as surfing competitions and burnout comps. The winner is determined by people with opinions and is subjective on a good day.

I make no statement about the use of PED's and an individuals right to choose because it affects no one else.

Spot on, there is no BS, either you lift the weight or you don't.

But some people don't like that as it leaves little room for excuses and requires hard work.