• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
S

Stiffy

Since my Father died of Prostate Cancer indirectly I'm looking at a lifetime of regular Prostate checks. While I understand that PSA tests are used do they still do the finger up the clacker? Should I look for a female Asian Doctor?

Looking for a bit of advise and discussion on your experiences from the members in their 50s-60s pls [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION] [MENTION=3627]Goosey[/MENTION] [MENTION=13432]WoodyAllen[/MENTION] [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION] [MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION] [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]

What are your experiences and what advise can you give pls???

Thanks in advance for the offer [MENTION=18767]simo74[/MENTION] but I think I'd prefer a medically trained Doctor to do the tests! :)

I've put off having a test so far as I can't get passed the idea of the doc poking his/her finger up my coit
Can they do it with just a blood test these days?

My Father said that the PSA test has replaced the digital test. Not sure how true that is. He also said his Doctor advised him, early on when he was diagnosed with benign Prostate enlargement to have his GF massage his Prostate every night. Put that on your Tinder profile [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]

Apparently a finger up the Coit is something Blokes pay Asian chix handsomely for isn't it [MENTION=10061]Brick[/MENTION] ??? Fuck that though!!!!

After reading this I have to ask what's the point of testing at all..........

Prostate cancer is more common in older men and those with a family history of the disease. Early detection and treatment can significantly improve prostate cancer survival. There are, however, no tests available with sufficient accuracy to screen populations of men for early signs of prostate cancer.
The tests most commonly used to aid early detection of prostate cancer are the prostate specific antigen (PSA) blood test and digital rectal examination. Neither test, used separately or in tandem, is accurate enough to distinguish potentially fatal cancers from benign tumours. Both tests also miss harmful cancers.
While some studies suggest PSA reduces mortality on a population basis, the test picks up large numbers of cancers that would have caused no symptoms or harm in the patient. This is known as overdiagnosis. Overdiagnosis of prostate cancer can lead to unnecessary treatments that have side effects such as sexual impotence, urinary incontinence and bowel problems.

Last edited:
I'm not that old (40's) but had some blood tests recently and got them to test it anyway to get a baseline, Dr said no need to do it again till I'm 50 but good to have it to compare to. No finger up the bump though.

[MENTION=12409]Stiffy[/MENTION] funny you should mention the finger,'I watched a show the other day where they showed you what to do and what to feel for. They had an ass dummy and you stuck your digit up and felt the prostate. They had a good one and a bad one. I reckon I am good to do the test now, so if your down in Melbourne just let me know.

If you can pee good, get an erection easily and sleep well you’re ok.
My GP doesn’t feel it’s necessary, I’ve never had anything go up my poop Shute

The PSA and digital exam are less than perfect, but it's better than nothing.

One thing to keep in mind is that virtually 100% of males over 80 have prostate cancer to some degree. It just doesn't spread, which is what kills people.

Considering the debilitating side effects of prostate removal, alternative treatments or just leaving it alone, are viable alternatives.

350xNxself-prostate-milking.jpg.pagespeed.ic.bDq9TvVV_x.jpg

@Stiffy funny you should mention the finger,'I watched a show the other day where they showed you what to do and what to feel for. They had an ass dummy and you stuck your digit up and felt the prostate. They had a good one and a bad one. I reckon I am good to do the test now, so if your down in Melbourne just let me know.
The Brotherhood of the Kunce. Good stuff mate!

53263-03c5ce5a93f30da8d6bc9c71b8abfcc3.jpg

If you can pee good, get an erection easily and sleep well you’re ok.My GP doesn’t feel it’s necessary, I’ve never had anything go up my poop Shute
It's gotta be done Goosenator. Feel free to look Simo up .......... or let him look up you ;)

Last edited:
PSA test isn't enough Kunce. You should insist on a digital examination as well apparently.