• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
H

Homelifter

Hi guys, new here and want to ask some advice.
unfortunatly a week ago I dislocated my kneecap, did it about 14 Years ago before I got into fitness and lifting and just sucked it up, this one hurt but has calmed down well and will be getting checked out shortly.
my question is about nutrition, I'm 5 weeks into a weight loss/cutting plan and am unsure weather to continue with 6 meals a day high protein low carbs or if I should cut it back.
im still doing everything but legs and obviously cardio is very limited....
id love to here some thoughts on this and also if anyone's had the same injury and come back from it reasonably

Thats no good mate, how did ye do et?

On another note i recently started taking supps for joints, ligaments, cartilage, connecting tissues etc etc, i reckon they work, but you gotta be consistent and take the right ones at the right doses ed without fail.

Last edited:
I dislocated my kneecap 10 years ago. I seem to remember getting back into exercises as soon as I was allowed to take the splint off. Initially it was just getting range of motion back because I couldn’t really bend it. Then progressed from there.

Last edited:
I would probably wait 2 weeks and see where the lower levels of training puts you regarding calorie deficit, you'll probably need to take some cals out to account for activity levels to maintain rate of weight loss.

No experience with your specific injury. Once you can walk properly, that will be your cardio. Maybe take up swimming as well but your physio guru will be your guide on when to load up the knee properly not strangers on the internet.

Thats no good mate, how did ye do et?

On another note i recently started taking supps for joints, ligaments, cartilage, connecting tissues etc etc, i reckon they work, but you gotta be consistent and take the right ones at the right doses ed without fail.

Hey, thanks for the replys.
well not sure really just uneven ground a wobble n out she popped, went back in reasonably easy ?
Done both a year apart in my early 20s doing stupid things in retrospect, lost a lot of weight in the last 8 years or so and always had pain and been concerned but just got on with it and done pretty well for a home trainer.
jusr glad it wasn't at the bottom of a heavy squat which is always in the back of my mind.....
as for sups, I've used several over the years for my joints and found them really good, fish oil, glucosamine ect....
gunna stay with the 6 meals I think to start n see how I go, but I'll be dropping a bit of protein and some carbs out......
walking ? Haha unfortunately yes I will be but it's far from the runs, sprints and other bits and pieces I like to do.
such is life, off to the quack tomorrow for a check and some advice.
sucks, I wanna squat ?

Hey, thanks for the replys.
well not sure really just uneven ground a wobble n out she popped, went back in reasonably easy ?
Done both a year apart in my early 20s doing stupid things in retrospect, lost a lot of weight in the last 8 years or so and always had pain and been concerned but just got on with it and done pretty well for a home trainer.
jusr glad it wasn't at the bottom of a heavy squat which is always in the back of my mind.....
as for sups, I've used several over the years for my joints and found them really good, fish oil, glucosamine ect....
gunna stay with the 6 meals I think to start n see how I go, but I'll be dropping a bit of protein and some carbs out......
walking ? Haha unfortunately yes I will be but it's far from the runs, sprints and other bits and pieces I like to do.
such is life, off to the quack tomorrow for a check and some advice.
sucks, I wanna squat ?

You are more than welcome;)
Dislocated knee cap sounds bad dude, reminds me of when i was a wee lad and i feel off my motorbike i landed on my left leg and knee puffed up like a big ass blower fish, it was fucken massive mate. Doc got the biggest fucken needle i've ever seen and jams it in my knee my cap all the way like 2" or some shit then pumps the whole barrel of air out into my cap which must have been 15cc or 20cc of air in order to create a vaccum for when he sucked all the liquid goo/puss/blood out of my knee, it filled up about 4 barrels worth of pink slimy fluid. Pumping that much air in could have been dangerous, if he was in an artery or vein i'd probably die from that, he's a bit of a dick that doc is. Knee recovered but left tear drop has never been the same since, its slightly smaller to me it looks like. I still squat and dead, i got pins, bolts, screws and plates in other parts of my body, i'm a fucken freak, scars and puncture wounds all over me as well, not too pretty but i was never blessed with good looks to begin with.....

I use Glucosamine Sulphate(this is stronger than the Hydrochloride version), Chondroitin, MSM all in raw powder form, mix them at full dose tpd ed, they taste a bit how you going, but you know its worth it.

Gucosamine and fish oil don’t do anything for your joints and especially won’t do anything for a dislocated knee cap.

When I did mine they said they usually don’t operate the first time you dislocate it but if it happens again they often operate to tighten everything up.

Gucosamine and fish oil don’t do anything for your joints and especially won’t do anything for a dislocated knee cap.

When I did mine they said they usually don’t operate the first time you dislocate it but if it happens again they often operate to tighten everything up.

I'm aware they won't fix the problem, I've taken them for years on and off for their general health benefits and do find they help anicdotal or not

I've heard from nutritionist that foods enriched with calcium are good for bones and joints. You can get calcium naturally from milk, soya drinks and green leafy vegetables.