Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Dislocated kneecap, nutrition advice

  1. #1
    Homelifter
    Guest

    Default Dislocated kneecap, nutrition advice

    Hi guys, new here and want to ask some advice.
    unfortunatly a week ago I dislocated my kneecap, did it about 14 Years ago before I got into fitness and lifting and just sucked it up, this one hurt but has calmed down well and will be getting checked out shortly.
    my question is about nutrition, I'm 5 weeks into a weight loss/cutting plan and am unsure weather to continue with 6 meals a day high protein low carbs or if I should cut it back.
    im still doing everything but legs and obviously cardio is very limited....
    id love to here some thoughts on this and also if anyone's had the same injury and come back from it reasonably





  2. __________________

    Ausbb Sponsors
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    Flex Fitness Equipment fitness Equipment Specialists | warehouse direct
    Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

  • #2
    Bukkake Kunce

    Array
    Cum Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Gender:
    Posts
    3,456
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thats no good mate, how did ye do et?

    On another note i recently started taking supps for joints, ligaments, cartilage, connecting tissues etc etc, i reckon they work, but you gotta be consistent and take the right ones at the right doses ed without fail.
    Last edited by Cum Shot; 10-10-2017 at 03:55 PM.


  • #3
    Active Member

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14,241
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I dislocated my kneecap 10 years ago. I seem to remember getting back into exercises as soon as I was allowed to take the splint off. Initially it was just getting range of motion back because I couldnít really bend it. Then progressed from there.
    Last edited by Bazza20; 10-10-2017 at 10:22 PM.


  • #4
    Elite Member

    Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    998
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would probably wait 2 weeks and see where the lower levels of training puts you regarding calorie deficit, you'll probably need to take some cals out to account for activity levels to maintain rate of weight loss.

    No experience with your specific injury. Once you can walk properly, that will be your cardio. Maybe take up swimming as well but your physio guru will be your guide on when to load up the knee properly not strangers on the internet.


  • #5
    Homelifter
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cum Shot View Post
    Thats no good mate, how did ye do et?

    On another note i recently started taking supps for joints, ligaments, cartilage, connecting tissues etc etc, i reckon they work, but you gotta be consistent and take the right ones at the right doses ed without fail.

    Hey, thanks for the replys.
    well not sure really just uneven ground a wobble n out she popped, went back in reasonably easy 😳
    Done both a year apart in my early 20s doing stupid things in retrospect, lost a lot of weight in the last 8 years or so and always had pain and been concerned but just got on with it and done pretty well for a home trainer.
    jusr glad it wasn't at the bottom of a heavy squat which is always in the back of my mind.....
    as for sups, I've used several over the years for my joints and found them really good, fish oil, glucosamine ect....
    gunna stay with the 6 meals I think to start n see how I go, but I'll be dropping a bit of protein and some carbs out......
    walking 😕 Haha unfortunately yes I will be but it's far from the runs, sprints and other bits and pieces I like to do.
    such is life, off to the quack tomorrow for a check and some advice.
    sucks, I wanna squat 😂


  • #6
    Bukkake Kunce

    Array
    Cum Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Gender:
    Posts
    3,456
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Homelifter View Post
    Hey, thanks for the replys.
    well not sure really just uneven ground a wobble n out she popped, went back in reasonably easy 😳
    Done both a year apart in my early 20s doing stupid things in retrospect, lost a lot of weight in the last 8 years or so and always had pain and been concerned but just got on with it and done pretty well for a home trainer.
    jusr glad it wasn't at the bottom of a heavy squat which is always in the back of my mind.....
    as for sups, I've used several over the years for my joints and found them really good, fish oil, glucosamine ect....
    gunna stay with the 6 meals I think to start n see how I go, but I'll be dropping a bit of protein and some carbs out......
    walking 😕 Haha unfortunately yes I will be but it's far from the runs, sprints and other bits and pieces I like to do.
    such is life, off to the quack tomorrow for a check and some advice.
    sucks, I wanna squat 😂
    You are more than welcome
    Dislocated knee cap sounds bad dude, reminds me of when i was a wee lad and i feel off my motorbike i landed on my left leg and knee puffed up like a big ass blower fish, it was fucken massive mate. Doc got the biggest fucken needle i've ever seen and jams it in my knee my cap all the way like 2" or some shit then pumps the whole barrel of air out into my cap which must have been 15cc or 20cc of air in order to create a vaccum for when he sucked all the liquid goo/puss/blood out of my knee, it filled up about 4 barrels worth of pink slimy fluid. Pumping that much air in could have been dangerous, if he was in an artery or vein i'd probably die from that, he's a bit of a dick that doc is. Knee recovered but left tear drop has never been the same since, its slightly smaller to me it looks like. I still squat and dead, i got pins, bolts, screws and plates in other parts of my body, i'm a fucken freak, scars and puncture wounds all over me as well, not too pretty but i was never blessed with good looks to begin with.....

    I use Glucosamine Sulphate(this is stronger than the Hydrochloride version), Chondroitin, MSM all in raw powder form, mix them at full dose tpd ed, they taste a bit how you going, but you know its worth it.


  • #7
    Active Member

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14,241
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Gucosamine and fish oil don’t do anything for your joints and especially won’t do anything for a dislocated knee cap.

    When I did mine they said they usually don’t operate the first time you dislocate it but if it happens again they often operate to tighten everything up.


  • #8
    Homelifter
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza20 View Post
    Gucosamine and fish oil donít do anything for your joints and especially wonít do anything for a dislocated knee cap.

    When I did mine they said they usually donít operate the first time you dislocate it but if it happens again they often operate to tighten everything up.
    I'm aware they won't fix the problem, I've taken them for years on and off for their general health benefits and do find they help anicdotal or not


  • #9
    Bukkake Kunce

    Array
    Cum Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Gender:
    Posts
    3,456
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Homelifter View Post
    I'm aware they won't fix the problem, I've taken them for years on and off for their general health benefits and do find they help anicdotal or not
    x 2, exactly the same for me.


  •   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Fucked up Kunce

    Array
    Shrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pluto
    Gender:
    Posts
    54,571
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    We all know the oil in the fish tabs lubricates the joints.
    Iherb promo code ZSG863Hidden Content Hidden Content


  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •