• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Well, 1:20 minutes? 3hours one day?

Still don't get what you are saying takes about 2 minutes to do 100 body weight squats, you need to stop talking in riddles.

doing 100 body weight squats prior to adding weight is a ridiculous waste of important fresh strength if you plan to add weight to the bar.

It's not a competition and if you do it regularly it's not a big task, takes me no effort to do 100 body weight squats it just warms me up.

the problems with weight lifting is people love to make thing complicated, it’s not a sport, CrossFit and such is.

To me it's a hobby that I do for general fitness and well being, not competing with anyones.

100 Squat warm up!!!! Good stuff @Big Mick That's the Martial Art background coming through. Do 500 Squats like Ken Shamrocks' Lions Den fighters.

We did 500 Squats when I was training in Thailand, also 500 push ups, 500 leg raises, 500 sit ups etc it's how we trained back then. Was a normal session that we did every day before actual training.

We did 500 Squats when I was training in Thailand, also 500 push ups, 500 leg raises, 500 sit ups etc it's how we trained back then. Was a normal session that we did every day before actual training.

You'd be having a break during those sets of 500 though right? And 500 x 4 different exercises x 5 pw?

Still don't get what you are saying takes about 2 minutes to do 100 body weight squats, you need to stop talking in riddles.

It's not a competition and if you do it regularly it's not a big task, takes me no effort to do 100 body weight squats it just warms me up.

To me it's a hobby that I do for general fitness and well being, not competing with anyones.

Congratulations, you understood my riddle, you dumb klutz.
And, if you can do 100 squats in 2 minutes you are either moving extra fast and/or moving about 2 inches in terms of ROM.

Either way like yourself, it’s a waste of time.

Oh and here’s another riddle.

if you’re going to be stupid in your training you better be tough.
it appears you’re both in this case

If someone stuck a butt plug up their ass then tried to do 100 squats, this would make it harder, but could they do it?

I'd think I would be more bothered by the chance of being severely injured by the donkey than the prospect of a molested donkey providing incentive to squat 100 times.

No weight at all, as long as it's done on Land and on a Planet with the same gravitational pull as Earth.

Theres a thread here about Didlo Squats, for those inclined!

80's or early 90's I assume. It was a big thing in Martial Arts to make the pilgrimage to Thailand to train, back then.

"They don't come much tougher than the Thai's" used to be the saying.

Then when BJJ became popular so Brazil became the Mecca.

No weight at all, as long as it's done on Land and on a Planet with the same gravitational pull as Earth.

Theres a thread here about Didlo Squats, for those inclined!

Ok, i'll give it a go but given I work for a living and it involves moving my body all day, I don't expect it too be too hard.

I will also allow you the joy of heckling if it hurts me :)

I try not to go past the 10 rep range now, if i hit 10 reps then the weight needs to be increased for the next set.

80's or early 90's I assume. It was a big thing in Martial Arts to make the pilgrimage to Thailand to train, back then.

"They don't come much tougher than the Thai's" used to be the saying.

Then when BJJ became popular so Brazil became the Mecca.

Was the early 90's, trained in a back alley Gym in Bangkok the locals used to train twice a day for three hours, I only managed one session per day usually the arvo one.

Tough as nails the Thai's , some of the fighters used to train twice a day every day and fight full contact no rules matches in the ring every Friday and Saturday night, trained with them and attended the matches, never fought in the ring myself in Thailand, mainly because I am 6'2" and there were no matches, one of my mates I went over with that only weight 60kg fought in the ring and was a local hero for a night.

Some great memories from those days, train hard, and play hard and live with the locals sleeping on a dirty mattress in the back of the gym, never been back since then....I think if I went back these days it would probably destroy my memories.

BJJ started, and I was never a fan, if the fight went to the ground fair enough but I never personally met a BJJ fighter that could match the Thai fighters pound for pound.

Waste of time and effort.

That would be like saying doing any lift is a waste of time and effort.

If you can rep out 100 plus body weight squats you are certainly not wasting your time, try it and then see how your legs feel the next 5-10 days if you are not used to it.

You'd be having a break during those sets of 500 though right? And 500 x 4 different exercises x 5 pw?

No, no break, rep out 500 squats, then straight onto 500 leg raises, and straight into 500 sit ups, roll over 500 push ups, etc etc.

Yes people would stop as the group continues, you just did the best you could day after day, you are sore as fuck pretty much all the time.

Then there was 500 squat kicks, ie squat followed by a front kick into the heavy bag, squat, etc etc kicking with alternate legs each rep.