• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
the seating position has changed over the years in the touring cars; more upright and *a lot* closer to the steering wheel, it almost looks nerdy.

More like a rally car seat would you say, more upright? Its not about the look though is it, its all about performance.

Does you have any questions for Goosey [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION] ?

[MENTION=3627]Goosey[/MENTION],

I’m trying abbreviated workouts due to hectic work and social commitments. Yes, I have become a socialite.

Now my question. I understand there is no right or wrong way but do you think (speaking from a BB perspective) I need to do any further tricep exercises after 3 sets of chest dips?
Currently doing some rope push downs after dips.

@Goosey,

I’m trying abbreviated workouts due to hectic work and social commitments. Yes, I have become a socialite.

Now my question. I understand there is no right or wrong way but do you think (speaking from a BB perspective) I need to do any further tricep exercises after 3 sets of chest dips?
Currently doing some rope push downs after dips.

This all depends on your results regardless to whether one is a bodybuilder.
if you’re getting stronger and increasing muscle mass then it’s working.
we all respond differently to exercise, we all have muscles that are the right shape and some that are not.

you can’t make goats piss out of gas man.

This all depends on your results regardless to whether one is a bodybuilder.
if you’re getting stronger and increasing muscle mass then it’s working.
we all respond differently to exercise, we all have muscles that are the right shape and some that are not.

you can’t make goats piss out of gas man.

Getting stronger, but would I get stronger and or bigger quicker.
I know it’s a difficult question to answer. Age old question I guess.

I have, a few years back.
Need a spotter through to get the weight back up. I train alone.

I have, a few years back.
Need a spotter through to get the weight back up. I train alone.

Why?
you just add plates (half BW)to a dipping belt, stand on a step high enough start in the contracted position then lower yourself for a count of 10 or 20 and repeat until you can’t control the movement
prior to that you’d do as many as you can *normal rep’s

*nice full range slow controlled reps 2 sec up, 1 sec pause, 4 sec down.

6 reps strong
7 reps really strong
8~9 super strong
10 reps rare
over 10 gymnastics strong wow!!!

if you did 6
with minimal rest get your belt on and do the negatives.

it might take a few goes to settle on a weight
once you’ve settled on a good neg weight you can start thinking about progression
mid only do it once a week though, overtraining is real.

dont do this. No offence intended and im not looking for an argument or being unnecessarily abrasive but we ve all seen what Goose looks like and the tin he throws around. He looks like a fit man for his age but strong he is not.

Best tricep exercise is close grip bench. If goose can put up a video of him doing 1 rep with what I do for an easy 8,then ill stfu.

Last edited: