• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Just a couple of things to note;

The hand behind the head thing is to show you that the bicep is only fully contracted in that position and that cramping occurs because you've never fully contracted the bicep, which is another topic for another day.

two primary functions of the bicep is to supinate and to raise the arm over your head.

To find the right width for curling, place both hands in the contracted position, as if you standing there with a barbell.
your hands will be slightly wider than the shoulder and not inline with the elbow, this is the safest width to curl, any narrower or wider will place stress on both the shoulder and elbow, continued use will fuck you up.

the curl is more than just a bicep exercise

a good goal to reach would be 60kg x 12.

do that and I guarantee you'd be very strong and flexible

Do you place any importance on the scapula and if so, can you recommend any exercises that target it?

Just a couple of things to note;

The hand behind the head thing is to show you that the bicep is only fully contracted in that position and that cramping occurs because you've never fully contracted the bicep, which is another topic for another day.

two primary functions of the bicep is to supinate and to raise the arm over your head.

To find the right width for curling, place both hands in the contracted position, as if you standing there with a barbell.
your hands will be slightly wider than the shoulder and not inline with the elbow, this is the safest width to curl, any narrower or wider will place stress on both the shoulder and elbow, continued use will fuck you up.

the curl is more than just a bicep exercise

a good goal to reach would be 60kg x 12.

do that and I guarantee you'd be very strong and flexible

I agree with all of this for what it's worth. The curl is mostly a brachialis exercise.

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Do you place any importance on the scapula and if so, can you recommend any exercises that target it?

Damn good question whitey

One of the best books ever written is; Kelsos shrug book.
He notes the importance for scapula health and how important it is especially for power lifters and oly lifters.

There are many forms of shurgs and he covers them all.
Every lifter should own this book.

Actually, on the shurgs.

I quite liked doing or tacking them at the end of certain exercises like deadlifts, rows, chin-ups and such, like most things they worked so well I stopped doing them.
i particularly liked doing shrugs at the end of chin-up where you just shrug as in moving or contracting the shoulder with no arm (bicep) movement, hard to get the hang of at first.

a strong flexible muscle is key especially for an older trainee and flexibility is best improved in the stretched position under substantial loading.

Our little discussion in the other thread had me wondering. I think some of the reason for my Back injury was due to not stretching under load.

Did a few Stiff Legged Deads this morning and feel heeps better. (Might still be confusing correlation with causation though)

how come for a weight training expert,you look 80 kgs max and were struggling with 30 kg pullovers?I would of thought someone with great experience in the field would have as a bare minimum a 200 kg squat,140 bench and 250 kg deadlift?You re not jacked or strong.

how come for a weight training expert,you look 80 kgs max and were struggling with 30 kg pullovers?I would of thought someone with great experience in the field would have as a bare minimum a 200 kg squat,140 bench and 250 kg deadlift?You re not jacked or strong.

You are always welcome to come over and do a workout, guarantee you would not last the first three exercises.

the weight on the pullover is irrelevant in terms of the routine I did or doing at the time.

fuck me, the reason I took down my videos was because I realized this is not the place to discuss anything, again, please come over, I won’t laugh, I don’t judge.

The powerlifters do struggle to move the weight I was moving, trust me it’s not that easy on that machine.