• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
How’d you go?
Minor symptoms?
We’re you vaxxed?
The wife bought it home so I had to stay home for a week, the second last day of quarantine I got it, so I had to take another week.
Headache for a couple of hours and scratchy eyes for a day or two.
I was vaccinated

How to do pullovers at home and have them actually be effective. How to actually progressively overload them as well, which is not practical without a complete suite of dumbbells

How to do pullovers at home and have them actually be effective. How to actually progressively overload them as well, which is not practical without a complete suite of dumbbells

Barbell pullovers not an option?

It’s not easy.
It’s why Arthur Jones designed the “machine” pullover but that machine is more like an upper body squat.

I have a question for you 0ni
Why do you want to do them?

I believe a combination of various types of pulling over time is a good practice.
Chin-ups, all types or rowing.
The disadvantage of the conventional pullover is as you say; convenience and satisfactory progression.

Before the machine version old timers would lie the length of the bench head hanging over the edge using a dumbbell which was preferable , the goal was to touch the floor with the dumbbell to achieve the all important stretch, raise the DB up only just short of where the resistance falls off

It’s not easy.
It’s why Arthur Jones designed the “machine” pullover but that machine is more like an upper body squat.

I have a question for you 0ni
Why do you want to do them?

I believe a combination of various types of pulling over time is a good practice.
Chin-ups, all types or rowing.
The disadvantage of the conventional pullover is as you say; convenience and satisfactory progression.
Why do I want to do them - They have potential to be the mechanically best exercise for the lats - if you can figure it out then it is another exercise in your arsenal. I am definitely limited on exercise selection, the more available to me that I can progress on for a long period of time the better

You’ve picked a very good option in the Chin Rack, if you can pick a line where the srtart resembles an OH press and the finish resembles the squat (back on bar) don’t worry too much about hand positions but try the one where the biomechanics are right (for you), the important part is where the upper arm is, gotta try and get the upper arm past the torso line for a complete contraction of the lats

If you mean by the chinee wuhan virus yeah.
Seriously? Chinee wuhan virus? All the evidence showed that it comes from usa. And China is the one that report the situation is worse than other country can imagine. So why you called chinee wuhan virus. If you can prove that it is made by china then show it. If not, shut the fuck up

Seriously? Chinee wuhan virus? All the evidence showed that it comes from usa. And China is the one that report the situation is worse than other country can imagine. So why you called chinee wuhan virus. If you can prove that it is made by china then show it. If not, shut the fuck up
I've got a better idea, why don't you go fuck yourself?