• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
....so, no real answer. I would have thought that increasing prize money increased the pressure to use PED's.

why would that be? as far as I recall, many people I knew took drugs inn sports with no rewards. money alone does not explain cheating.

the fact is that standards have generally declined in aths, but some prefer to cheat and stay away from circuit.

of course, no system is perfect, but making sure they are available for proper testing by turning up to comps more often will also lead to less opportunity to cheat.

that is why many top athletes do not show up that often. they have a much greater chance of getting away with cheating.

why would that be? as far as I recall, many people I knew took drugs inn sports with no rewards. money alone does not explain cheating.

Because if you throw money into the mix, that's another whole new world of motivation. For example, the normal powerlifting comp costs all lifters money. No one wins money. Now put in, for argument's sake, a prize of $10,000 for best lifter, or best deadlift or whatever you like. Now, you not only get to break your previous comp best, or win a cheap mass produced medal, you get to go on a trip to Mexico for a month. Or Paris. Or upgrade your car or build a Big Mick home gym, complete with shed and view over the countryside.

If that isn't motivation to follow the example of the US athletics team and juice up, what is?

I don't think you understood article.

the key is to have them in Europe often enough, attracted by prizemoney,that they will not have time to cheat in between. even GH and testosterone now require weeks to clear.

And again, adding or increasing prize money will just throw fuel on the fire. You want to compete more? You have to peak more and recover more. Guess what helps with that. And if you get doping right, you get richer.

Things that might help (but not solve) the issue of doping in sports:

Remove nationalism.
Clean up corruption in the doping system. That includes US and Oz.
Create an independent international doping team, not an individual national system.
Ban for life deliberate dopers. Not borderline cases (e.g. contaminated food/meds, prescribed meds for real health issues, etc) which could continue with suspension periods.
Hit the pockets of sponsors of professional athletes who deliberately dope. If the athlete or fed has to pay a fine to WADA for failed tests, why not hit the guys making all the money here. Nike sponsors an athlete who deliberately dopes? Hit them with a 7 figure fine to help fund the doping process.
Make a bit more of a fuss over athletes who are bumped up after a winner is disqualified after the event. e.g. Valerie Adams having to get a medal ceremony back home in good 'ol NZ after being bumped up when the Belarusian athlete was pinged. At the moment, the IOC does not redo the ceremony and seems to go out of its way to hid the "retarded kid" in the shadows.

OK, prolly none of that will ever happen. But if they were really serious about doping......