• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
[h=1]BODYBUILDING CHAMP RICH PIANA[/h][h=2]MEDICALLY INDUCED COMA[/h][h=2]... AFTER EMERGENCY[/h]
Pro bodybuilder Rich Piana was placed into a medically induced coma this week after suffering a medical emergency at his Florida home, law enforcement sources tell TMZ Sports.

46-year-old Piana has competed and won several bodybuilding competitions over the years -- including Mr. California -- and has become an Instagram sensation, racking up more than 1 million followers.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... emergency personnel responded to a possible overdose call at Piana's home on Monday afternoon. When they arrived, Piana was unresponsive and was transported to a nearby hospital where he was placed into a medically induced coma.

Unclear how he's doing now. We're working on the story.

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2017/08/10/rich-piana-medically-induced-coma/

Gaining all that size at his age coupled with the need to take the doses he was taking can't be good for a Man of his age.

Last edited:
Awwww [emoji17]

5d1cfa0dda0d6591e5e0fbccf681b6f5.png

yes, darko it is sad.

I just hope less young people are attracted to such drug-induced hobbies when there so many healthier options out there, including sports like powerlifting that require limited athletic ability.

Woody, how about some compassion for people striving to fulfil their passion. rich just wanted to be huge.

yes, darko it is sad.

I just hope less young people are attracted to such drug-induced hobbies when there so many healthier options out there, including sports like powerlifting that require limited athletic ability.

Woody, how about some compassion for people striving to fulfil their passion. rich just wanted to be huge.
I suspect it was a copious amount of recreational drugs mixed with steroids that killed him

I had a mate who got an enlarged heart from drugs. for many who abuse, there are implications for the heart.

and, with other drugs, the heart would then have less capacity to handle other drug abuse.

moderate or small dosage would be much less of a problem, even long term.

I just don't understand why the fuck they do it to themselves

he looked bloody hideous

there is no doubt that peds give you a much better look, but his abuse and physique is indeed "hideous".

I don't think you can stop many young people from taking, but education can at least encourage moderate and less often use.

I think, regardless of whether one carries a lot of muscle or, fat it's is going to add a lot of stress on the heart and circulatory system.

i think it's real important for a bloke reaching their 40's (if they want a long healthy life) is to maintain a normal level of muscle and fat, and to use exercise as a means to enhance it.

over the last 5 years for myself my goal has been to minimize the amount of lean tissue while controlling fat.

I suspect it was a copious amount of recreational drugs mixed with steroids that killed him
That was the rumour I heard. Passed out from a recreational drug. His Mrs tried to catch him but there was no chance of her supporting his weight and he knocked his head on the way down. She couldn't revive him so whether he suffered brain damage from that or the knock I don't know but got put in the coma and the family pulled the plug the other day as he wouldn't have had a good quality of life, plus the other stresses already on the body from his drug use even if he made it thru.

Anyone passing away is usually a bit sad especially at a younger age. I remember hearing Rich say once that if you have the choice of using or staying natural then just don't use them as they're not worth it but if you want to be competitive at the top level you don't have the choice.