• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
S

Stiffy

I'm using Fitness in the academic way. I remember when Fitness was defined as; Strength, Stamina and Flexibility. Then they added Speed and Co-ordination making five elements of Fitness. Old kunce in their 50-60's like Shrek, Woody, Goo, Spart, Dark etc can prolly remember when Fitness was just Strength and Stamina I guess.

I think I settled on MMA Fighters back in the early 90s. MMA Fighters have to Box, Kickbox, Grapple, Wrestle requiring Strength, Stamina, Flexibility, Speed, Timing and Co-ordination etc. I can't think of another Sport which comes close. Rugby League sort of but prolly No. Aussie Rules too Stamina dominant. Soccer - NO!

they would definitely rank right up there as they need to be good at virtually all physical qualities.

I'm using Fitness in the academic way. I remember when Fitness was defined as; Strength, Stamina and Flexibility. Then they added Speed and Co-ordination making five elements of Fitness. Old kunce in their 50-60's like Shrek, Woody, Goo, Spart, Dark etc can prolly remember when Fitness was just Strength and Stamina I guess.

I think I settled on MMA Fighters back in the early 90s. MMA Fighters have to Box, Kickbox, Grapple, Wrestle requiring Strength, Stamina, Flexibility, Speed, Timing and Co-ordination etc. I can't think of another Sport which comes close. Rugby League sort of but prolly No. Aussie Rules too Stamina dominant. Soccer - NO!

I'd agree that they are but mainstream media will tell you crossfitters are.
Only change I'd make to the above is that MMA probably didn't really become MMA until late 1990's early 2000's as the early UFC was predominantly single style fighters still so it took a little while for the fighters to start evolving all disciplines. Tank Abbot isn't what I would have called an elite athlete but he was damn fun to watch.