• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Australian Tia-Clair Toomey wins 2017 CrossFit Games to be crowned fittest woman on earth

8a135d17b94773af06882a9de8ab06ce

Tia-Clair Toomey, the fittest woman on the planet.

AUSTRALIAN Tia-Clair Toomey has won the CrossFit Games at her third attempt to be declared the fittest woman on earth.
The 24-year-old Queensland’s emotional victory in Madison, Wisconsin came after she finished runner-up in 2015 and 2016.
Toomey, also a weightlifter who represented Australia at last year’s Rio Olympics, finished the gruelling four-day event on 994 points to sneak home ahead of compatriot Kara Webb.
Annie Thorisdottir of Iceland was third.

Toomey opened the Games with an impressive showing in the Run Swim Run — a 500 metre swim, sandwiched between a pair of 1.5 mile runs — winning that event to sit atop the leaderboard after the first workout.
After admirable finishes in several of the following events, Toomey got the best of her compatriot Webb to win the Muscle-Up Clean Ladder workout. Toomey’s eighth place finish in the Fibonacci Final — the last workout of the tournament — was enough to see her earn the tight, two-point edge over Webb.
“I have phenomenal athletes to compete against,” Toomey said after being named the victor.
“Ever since I started CrossFit, Kara Webb and Annie (Thorisdottir) were everything. So just to be right next to me on the floor... I’m a bit overwhelmed....it’s just so nice.”
The CrossFit Games, regarded as one of the toughest sporting events on the planet, test competitors’ strength, speed and endurance in a series of gruelling workouts.
Defending champion Matt Fraser of the US retained the men’s title with the most dominant performance in the event’s history.
Originally published as Aussie crowned world’s fittest woman
Toomey opened the Games with an impressive showing in the Run Swim Run — a 500 metre swim, sandwiched between a pair of 1.5 mile runs — winning that event to sit atop the leaderboard after the first workout.
After admirable finishes in several of the following events, Toomey got the best of her compatriot Webb to win the Muscle-Up Clean Ladder workout. Toomey’s eighth place finish in the Fibonacci Final — the last workout of the tournament — was enough to see her earn the tight, two-point edge over Webb.
“I have phenomenal athletes to compete against,” Toomey said after being named the victor.
“Ever since I started CrossFit, Kara Webb and Annie (Thorisdottir) were everything. So just to be right next to me on the floor... I’m a bit overwhelmed....it’s just so nice.”
The CrossFit Games, regarded as one of the toughest sporting events on the planet, test competitors’ strength, speed and endurance in a series of gruelling workouts.
Defending champion Matt Fraser of the US retained the men’s title with the most dominant performance in the event’s history.
Originally published as Aussie crowned world’s fittest woman