• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
A

ausguerila

I am trying to burn off man boobs but never seem to be able to tense the muscles related to the area. I tried using an ems training belt around my man boobs and I could feel that the muscles and tendons were incredibly tight and contracted. This is probably why I can never tense these muscles. Can anyone recommend a type of stretching exercise so I can stretch these muscles/tendons out to be able to tense them?

Thanks for the info but I have proven it to be irrelevant. I have tried that in the past and any exercise that involves using my upper chest muscles works all the other muscles around them instead. I need to stretch out my pecks first to be able to use them to gain muscle mass.

There is no upper pecs. The pec muscle all have the same insertion point.
Use dumbbell flyes, these really stretch the pecs.

Last edited:
I don't understand what stretching or tensing the muscle has to do with man boobs which aren't muscle mass at all.

Unless you have major oestrogen issues, man boobs are fat and water. So, lose fat = lose man boobs. It has almost nothing to do with muscle mass. You can put on muscle mass but if you don't lose the fat, you still end up with man boobs, only bigger man boobs than before.

The ems trainer brings my muscles related to the area to the point of being able to tense. Unfortunately at this point, they seem to go wobbly. When I attempt to tense my pecks that this point all the other muscles around them still tense instead.

Can anyone recommend a type of stretching exercise so I can stretch these muscles/tendons out to be able to tense them?

Any tips on how to tense pecks, when everything else tenses with ease, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the limited useful information already posted. Could you please only post with relevant information? That way moderators will not be having to waste energy on closing multiple posts like this due to derailment.

It's more of the case of removing prior incorrect techniques rather than hitting a rock. For example: when im doing pushups, my back myscles are doing all the work.

It's more of the case of removing prior incorrect techniques rather than hitting a rock. For example: when im doing pushups, my back myscles are doing all the work.

Yes back muscles are involved in push-ups, but so are pecs, so i wouldn't say your back is doing all the work.

Have you had some accident or injury etc to your chest area?

Then work on chest activation....the mind muscle connection and all that. Even if you've only got small pec muscles compared to surrounding muscles, you can still activate them when you're working them.

Establish what cues you need in order to best work the muscle, don't just move the weight.
Drop the shoulders back and down, retract the scapula before pressing. Tense the pec in order to start a flye movement or lead with the elbow rather than leading with the hands...there's all sorts of different things you can do, just work out what works for you.

But building muscle mass on your pecs won't cure man boobs. If they're fatty then you need to drop weight. If it's gyno from puberty or whatever else then you may need surgery depending on how bad it is.