• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
but if you don't want to wait, food has the same choices as protein shakes, albeit it might take 2 minutes longer to make up a tuna meal or open a can.

yes, protein shakes are a convenient option, but that is all they are.

I'm not eating tuna when I'm driving.

I avoid protein shakes where possible. I don't like them and 99% taste like crap, but I will have one rather than go without food for extended periods.
Most days i don't have any shakes. I have tuna and rice for lunch, a banana, mandarin. I keep oats in my drawer at work if I get hungry. I had 4 boiled eggs for breakfast in the car.
I'm having a huge lasagna and veggies for dinner.

Got them for half price and being pre-packed they are already weighed so I can easily add them to MFP.

You should not be doing anything other than driving while you are driving, driving requires your full attention, it's not something you do while you do other things.

I had 4 boiled eggs for breakfast in the car.

Why not have them after or before you are in the car, I currently start work at 5:30am and have a 45 minute commute to work, and still manage not having to eat in the car.

I avoid protein shakes where possible. I don't like them and 99% taste like crap, but I will have one rather than go without food for extended periods.

I would rather go without food, not that I have to, I have several cans of tuna in my work bag for emergence meals if I get caught up and I get hungry, but I must be pretty damn hungry before I bother with them. I also keep one or two frozen meals/left overs hidden in the back of the work freezer for when I get stuck.

Last edited:
It's not against the law to eat an egg while I drive.
I prefer to sleep more than get up earlier. Sleep is anabolic.

Frozen meal..LOL. May as well eat cardboard

It's not against the law to eat an egg while I drive.
I prefer to sleep more than get up earlier. Sleep is anabolic.

It's not against the law per se, but it is against the law if you have an accident, this is where recklessness comes into it, be eating while driving, have an accident and kill someone you will be done for reckless driving cause death, it's no longer just an accident as you were being reckless/careless, trust me I personally know someone that has just been through this very very recently, the matter only just finished in the Courts a few weeks back. Lucky for him the person did not die, but did suffer permanent injury and disability.

My brother was also a victim in one of these accidents many many years ago and the other driver did 2 years in prison. But I digress....

Sleep is anabolic.

It may be, but forced butt sex in prison probably isn't....

Frozen meal..LOL. May as well eat cardboard

So you don't freeze your Food? Do you have a freezer in your house??

How does it change the structure of your food from left over chicken curry to card board??

I have been freezing my left overs and taking them to work for decades and never noted it tasted any different or resembled card board in any way way shape or form. I have found that some things actually seem to taste better second time around, as the flavour seems to develop more in curries and chillies and stews that I make.

It's not against the law per se, but it is against the law if you have an accident, this is where recklessness comes into it, be eating while driving, have an accident and kill someone you will be done for reckless driving cause death, it's no longer just an accident as you were being reckless/careless, trust me I personally know someone that has just been through this very very recently, the matter only just finished in the Courts a few weeks back. Lucky for him the person did not die, but did suffer permanent injury and disability.

My brother was also a victim in one of these accidents many many years ago and the other driver did 2 years in prison. But I digress.... Eating an egg does not cause me to lose concentration on the road. Commiserations to your brother

It may be, but forced butt sex in prison probably isn't.... What's sleeping got to do with being in gaol and butt sex? I don't plan on being in gaol. Eating an egg won't land me in the slammer. WTF bro, your analogies are woeful?????????

So you don't freeze your Food? Do you have a freezer in your house?? It's not the freezing, it's the content. Little to no protein and flavourless.

How does it change the structure of your food from left over chicken curry to card board?? See above.

I have been freezing my left overs and taking them to work for decades and never noted it tasted any different or resembled card board in any way way shape or form. I have found that some things actually seem to taste better second time around, as the flavour seems to develop more in curries and chillies and stews that I make.
U mad bro???

You would need to convince a magistrate that eating an egg has not distracted you, may be you dropped one of the eggs and looked down, bang you are distracted, driving time is driving time IMO, not eating time, putting on make up time, texting time, updating Facebook time, tinder time etc etc etc Driving is already a multi tasking event, you have a lot to look at, be aware of as well as being aware of the person swerving into your lane because they are eating or texting or doing something other than driving. That's my opinion anyway and it's not likely to change, when I drive I drive, when I eat I eat.

Can you point me towards the research/study/article that suggested when I freeze my food the protein content and flavour changes, never knew this happened, and I just did a quick Google search and found no references to it, but it's still a bit of a concern if it were true. Somehow I doubt this as the flavour seems to be same before and after freezing. I have noted the texture of some veggies changes once frozen and re heated but that's about it.

You would need to convince a magistrate that eating an egg has not distracted you, may be you dropped one of the eggs and looked down, bang you are distracted, driving time is driving time IMO, not eating time, putting on make up time, texting time, updating Facebook time, tinder time etc etc etc Driving is already a multi tasking event, you have a lot to look at, be aware of as well as being aware of the person swerving into your lane because they are eating or texting or doing something other than driving. That's my opinion anyway and it's not likely to change, when I drive I drive, when I eat I eat.

Can you point me towards the research/study/article that suggested when I freeze my food the protein content and flavour changes, never knew this happened, and I just did a quick Google search and found no references to it, but it's still a bit of a concern if it were true. Somehow I doubt this as the flavour seems to be same before and after freezing. I have noted the texture of some veggies changes once frozen and re heated but that's about it.

It's not the freezing, it's the way it's made. It's fucking flavourless frozen or not.
Also I won't have to go to the magistrate because i won't be charged for anything.

It's not the freezing, it's the way it's made. It's fucking flavourless frozen or not.

?? I don't get what you are saying, how do you know I make my food flavourless?? I like the flavour of my food. The flavour is under my control, and saying my food is flavourless coming from a person that thinks Quest bars taste good is the kettle calling the pot black.:D

Also I won't have to go to the magistrate because i won't be charged for anything.

Well that is not really up to you, pretty sure that's what most people in prison for reckless driving cause GBH or Cause Death said prior to going there.

Do as you please in your own life, but when it involves a serious risk to others I think we have to stop being selfish and opt to do the right thing by those around us, all our families are out on the road and I am sure we all want them to come home safely each night.

I'm guessing shrek thinks you are talking about supermarket frozen meal. Like a Mcains TV dinner style frozen meal or something like that.

Im guessing Mick is talking about home cooked meals that are frozen.

I'm guessing shrek thinks you are talking about supermarket frozen meal. Like a Mcains TV dinner style frozen meal or something like that.

Im guessing Mick is talking about home cooked meals that are frozen.

Yes of course I would be talking about my own food, as I said in my first post on the subject, frozen left overs, ie cook dinner today have some left, instead of throwing it out or giving it to the dog I put in in a glass dish (we use the Deeko one from coles with the red lids, they are microwave safe) and freeze it to have later or take to work.

From what I see, a balanced diet contains enough protein to build muscle and remain healthy, the million dollar business in supplements marketing is a con

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Most days i don't have any shakes. I have tuna and rice for lunch, a banana, mandarin. I keep oats in my drawer at work if I get hungry. I had 4 boiled eggs for breakfast in the car.
I'm having a huge lasagna and veggies for dinner.

fair enough, stuck in a car, drink is an option