• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Not sure I agree...loads of studies in the link below where 2g/kg or 1g/lb is the general consensus. Talking about gaining muscle here, which is hard to do in a deficit. When in a deficit, you're really looking to just preserve as much muscle mass as you can rather than build more

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033492/

I do agree about supp companies selectively pushing information to benefit sales, that's just clever marketing really

You are looking to preserve muscle on a deficit than build more. Sure you wouldn't rather build more if you could? That would be my goal.

If you read the studies linked plenty compared lower intakes with around 1g/lb and didn't see benifit. It's funny how we all like to think we are special flowers.

"Lots of studies" showing benfits of higher protein intakes? Did you read the article you linked? It agrees with exactly what I said.

Yes I'm agreeing with you.
No need to overdo the protein.
Studies prove this.

You are looking to preserve muscle on a deficit than build more. Sure you wouldn't rather build more if you could? That would be my goal.

If you read the studies linked plenty compared lower intakes with around 1g/lb and didn't see benifit. It's funny how we all like to think we are special flowers.
Of course, recomp is the ultimate. It may happen eventually over the long term but short term is likely more a yoyo of loss and gain for a natty.

You mean 1g/kg?
The bulk of the studies in the link all favour higher protein intakes when compared to low ones apart from one which went the other way when the participants were prescribed low volume, low intensity exercise so it may be of benefit if that is your training style

Of course, recomp is the ultimate. It may happen eventually over the long term but short term is likely more a yoyo of loss and gain for a natty.

You mean 1g/kg?
The bulk of the studies in the link all favour higher protein intakes when compared to low ones apart from one which went the other way when the participants were prescribed low volume, low intensity exercise so it may be of benefit if that is your training style

The yoyo for most is more likely because most people go way too low in calories on a cut and way to high on a gain. Likely nothing to do with protein intakes.

as for the studies. What are we talking about now. The link shrek put up or the one you did. The link shrek put up doesn't show benifits of going up to the mythical 1g/lb. The one you put up does a lot of extrapolating from old research that doesn't directly compare the levels of protein we are talking about and I think now at least one of those authors is pulling back his protien reccomenations.

It's a ball park figure, that's all it is.

if you don't feel strong in a workout it is going to be a lack of one of three things or all three.
Adding protien is going to do nada if you are doing half arsed workouts and not getting enough sleep.

Nothing wrong with adding a protein powder to meet protein intake. Amino's marketed as Whey though is misleading.

Absolutely nothing wrong with doing this provided there is a shortage and you need the extra to meet your demands. But people have been brain washed into believing that if they don't have protein every 2 hours they are going to waste away.

My sample of BN 'Future Whey' arrived yesterday, I opted for the Lemon Flavour which is what I had been send.

Since I trained yesterday arvo and dinner was still 45 minutes away I started to panic that my muscles were wasting away, and all my gains were going down the drain, so I immediately mixed the BN Future Whey according to the instructions (I used plain water not soda water), and hurriedly gulped it down to avoid any further muscle wastage.

To my surprise it tasted a LOT better then I would have expected, I was expecting it to be absolutely horrible, but surprisingly it was drinkable and did not cause me to dry reach or feel nauseous.

I could also feel the anabolic effect cursing through my veins instantly feeding my quickly wasting muscle mass, and I noted an extra ¼" on my manhood, I wish they has send me four of these so I can have a full two inches..(DISCLAIMER : this may or may not have happened, and any anabolic effect and increased size of manhood may be completely unrelated, and your own results may vary)

But in all seriousness it does not taste too bad, it's drinkable, and if I was ever diagnosed with a protein deficiency and was unable to eat any more Chargrilled Baby Back Pork Ribs, Rump/T-Bone Steaks, Tuna Steaks or Barbecued Crispy Chicken Wings I would certainly consider this as an alternative.

Last edited:
I also tried a lemonade sample. Had it with soda water and was not great... Tasted like hydrolite ice block (stuff that helps with gastro). Maybe brought back bad memories of kids bringing child care diseases home.

Don't know why they want to replicate poor mans lemonade and cola when they could try aiming for flavors more like other amino products (berry, lime, apple, watermelon etc etc).

That being said, it's a good option for people intolerant to many things. Overpriced though.

Anyone seen this??

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/products/future-whey.html

I just came across this in a random internet add, so I ordered a free sample, you can only try one flavour so I ordered lemonade, you would think that you could try both flavours so you can decide which one you prefer.

I imagine it would taste horrible, and I can't imagine myself buying a kilo of this stuff for the best part of 50 bucks when I can get a kilo of chicken drumsticks for $3, and they taste delicious, even pork ribs at $16/kg seem to be a bargain compared to this....

I saw this too, i like and dislike it..........i'll stick with old school wpi which is pretty new school really isn't it.

Got a cola sample.
Tasted like those cola lollies from back in the day.

Wont be buying any. I have zero issues with the WPC, and its fucking awesome in my morning smoothies. Haha.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The protein powder industry went crazy about 2 decades or so ago didn't it. They just don't stop do they, and i can't see how you will make better gains on this stuff. Wpc and wpi are excellent and already they push the limits in terms of how quick they go in and out of your system. Many people still choose egg albumen and calcium cassenaite etc cause the new wpc and wpi's just digest too quick.