• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Will they let you just install your own floor covering in a gym? ��

If others are potentially going to use it, you'd have to stick it down properly, not just tape the edges. If someone does themselves a mischief on there because the floor moved, it could open up your mate to all kinds of problems. Would depend greatly on how thick/heavy the stuff is though. If it's just like carpet then it may need something heavy duty, if it's thick rubber based and has a lot of weight then it may be fine.

That link says carpet tape for more permanent applications, so possibly look in to that?

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I am thinking of buying a roll of astroturf to lay down on a rubberised floor in the gym downstairs to run sleds on.

Anyone know how best to secure it to the ground?

Does it even need securing to the ground?

Would some strong tape run around the edge be good enough?

The stuff i am thinking of buying is here: http://www.gymdirect.com.au/shop/gym-flooring/astro-turf/astro-turf-sled-track-red-green/

Go to a Floorworld and see if they have some second hand carpet.
if it works and you like it, you can then buy that Astro turf, but I think carpet is a better option

If others are potentially going to use it, you'd have to stick it down properly, not just tape the edges. If someone does themselves a mischief on there because the floor moved, it could open up your mate to all kinds of problems. Would depend greatly on how thick/heavy the stuff is though. If it's just like carpet then it may need something heavy duty, if it's thick rubber based and has a lot of weight then it may be fine.

That link says carpet tape for more permanent applications, so possibly look in to that?

I don't believe you'd need to stick it or anchor it down, unless the rubber is very soft or of a low density

What you need a sled for anyways [MENTION=16241]Headley[/MENTION] ; ??
Applying for the santa gig this year? Doesn't the job come with reindeers included, they can pull the kunce.

What you need a sled for anyways @Headley ; ??
Applying for the santa gig this year? Doesn't the job come with reindeers included, they can pull the kunce.

It's for the gym mate not just me.

Since my mate owns the gym and has several fitness classes there and rents the place out to PTs i personally think it would go down a treat