• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
i just got myself a road bike recently, punched out 50k pretty easy on the weekend, so much easier riding a roadie then mountain bike

Giving the bodybuilding away?

Not really, still lifting daily, deadlifted 190 the other week, which was OK considering i havent done deads in over a year, although i have noticed i struggle a little more when training legs so, i am changing that up a bit and going to go slightly higher reps and lesser weigh for a bit and see how that goes.

What did you get needy?

Ended up getting a chinese Carbon rip off of a Swork Venge, GRP Carbon clinchers, only running Shimano 105 11sp at the moment and may look at upgrading to Dura Ace soon or at least when this drive train wears out,

Ended up getting a chinese Carbon rip off of a Swork Venge, GRP Carbon clinchers, only running Shimano 105 11sp at the moment and may look at upgrading to Dura Ace soon or at least when this drive train wears out,

Gotta get me some deep carbon wheels too. They look the goods.

Gotta get me some deep carbon wheels too. They look the goods.

They not bad and look the goods, but the braking surface on mine are also carbon, so not sure how they will go in the wet and also i have read that if you continually use them on long downhill run they can heat up and stuff the rims, risking failure due to the heat stuffing up the resin used in the carbon fibre.

But so far they have been great, Oh and you do feel it when there is a cross wind surprisingly....

They not bad and look the goods, but the braking surface on mine are also carbon, so not sure how they will go in the wet and also i have read that if you continually use them on long downhill run they can heat up and stuff the rims, risking failure due to the heat stuffing up the resin used in the carbon fibre.

But so far they have been great, Oh and you do feel it when there is a cross wind surprisingly....

Carbon wheel rims are best for bikes with disk brakes.
A better explanation: The reason why they designed road bikes with disk brakes is so they can add very light wheels.

Coz it's hard to find a nearby Hill to do Hill Sprints on and due to my knee instability I bought a Mountain Bike. Doing Intervals: go like Gary Neiwand for 50-100m then back off and recover, repeat. Farkin hilarious, tearing round the neighbourhoods.
Lesson learnt. Cheaper bikes bearings, chains and gears etc may not be up to the pounding. Gotta sore arse coz the seat is so hard and every Magpie wants to poke my Eyes out.
Here's a Vid of Stiff on the Bike:

Still gives me goosebumps 21 years later watching that.

I give the road bike a go on good days, but haven’t touched the MTB for a while.