• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yeah its obvious you say swimming is tougher than squatting because all of you squat under 120 kgs.you dunno what it takes.powerlifting training is far more intense.

My little one is a national level powerlifter, the training is 5am to 7am, minimum 5 days a week and sometimes weekends. Then from 6pm to 8pm, 4 nights a week. The sets are gruelling and the endurance these kids have is amazing. Couldn't imagine a a fat, goateed, bald swimmer lasting one of these training sessions without drowning in their protein shake.

You had a few typos so I fixed it. You're welcome.

PS. Swimming is popular because it's easy. Not because it's intense. Training for international competition may be more difficult, but then the same goes for any other sport. There's a reason why doing deadlifts once a week is enough. You can't say that about any aspect of swimming. Or golf. Or any of the other easy flaggoty sports in the olympics.

You had a few typos so I fixed it. You're welcome.

PS. Swimming is popular because it's easy. Not because it's intense. Training for international competition may be more difficult, but then the same goes for any other sport. There's a reason why doing deadlifts once a week is enough. You can't say that about any aspect of swimming. Or golf. Or any of the other easy flaggoty sports in the olympics.
The stupidity and mental gymnastics in this post is astounding. You think there's any equivalence between 30 minutes worth of deadlifting and 10+ hours of swimming a week? If swimming's such a cake walk then why don't you prove to us how easy it is? Guarantee you couldn't swim more than 200m without drowning.

The stupidity and mental gymnastics in this post is astounding.

Thank you. My sole aim in life is to be a milkshake duck, so looks like I'm well on the way.

You think there's any equivalence between 30 minutes worth of deadlifting and 10+ hours of swimming a week?

Of course not. There is no comparison. Deadlifting is far more difficult, taxing and exhausting to the nervous system, muscles, skeleton and connecting tissues (sinews and such). Swimming is the short fat ugly sister of a nap. The fact that no one can do a real 80%+ of 1 rep max deadlift workout for 10 hours a week pretty much sums up how easy it is to go swimming and how hard it is to deadlift. Further, no one deadlifts for fun and relaxation. Damn near everyone swims for fun and relaxation cos its easy and, well, fun and relaxing.

If swimming's such a cake walk then why don't you prove to us how easy it is? Guarantee you couldn't swim more than 200m without drowning.

Wanna put money on that? How about 2 bitcoin?

Just a warning though. I have a Divemaster card. Part of the qualification for that is:

"Divemaster candidates need to complete five waterskills exercises, earning a combined exercise score of at least 15. There is no passing score for any single exercise.DM Swim Test- Exercise 1: 400 Metre/Yard Swim - swim 400 metres/yards nonstop, without swimming aids and using any stroke or combination of strokes.
- Exercise 2: 15-minute Tread - tread water, drown proof, bob or float using no aids wearing only a swimsuit for 15 minutes, with hands out of the water during the last two minutes.
DM Tread / Float- Exercise 3: 800 Metre/Yard Swim - swim 800 metres/yards face down, using mask, snorkel and fins, nonstop, without flotation aids and without using arms to swim.
- Exercise 4: 100 Metre/Yard Inert Diver Tow - tow (or push) a diver for 100 metres/yards nonstop, at the surface, without assistance; both divers equipped in full scuba equipment.
- Exercise 5: Equipment Exchange - in confined water, demonstrate the Equipment Exchangeability to effectively respond to an unusual circumstance underwater by exchanging all scuba equipment (except exposure suits and weights) with a buddy while sharing a single regulator second stage."

http://www.idc-thediveacademysamui.com/dm-certification-requirements.html

Further to that, no one has ever torn a bicep from swimming, blown out a herniated disc while swimming or ripped the skin off their palms. Mebbe gotten wrinkly and cold, but that's about it.

who-let-justin-bieber-on-judge-judy_o_623689.jpg

Thank you. My sole aim in life is to be a milkshake duck, so looks like I'm well on the way.

you should have stopped here, seriously took a turn for the worse form this point on.

Of course not. There is no comparison. Deadlifting is far more difficult, taxing and exhausting to the nervous system, muscles, skeleton and connecting tissues (sinews and such). Swimming is the short fat ugly sister of a nap. The fact that no one can do a real 80%+ of 1 rep max deadlift workout for 10 hours a week pretty much sums up how easy it is to go swimming and how hard it is to deadlift. Further, no one deadlifts for fun and relaxation. Damn near everyone swims for fun and relaxation cos its easy and, well, fun and relaxing.

like all things in life it comes down to intensity, yes it's possible to go for a leisurely swim. Just like it's possible to deadlift 20kg so that comparison is fucking retarded

you think these guys could swim 10 hours a week at 22 second 50m splits?

Wanna put money on that? How about 2 bitcoin?

Just a warning though. I have a Divemaster card. Part of the qualification for that is:

"Divemaster candidates need to complete five waterskills exercises, earning a combined exercise score of at least 15. There is no passing score for any single exercise.DM Swim Test- Exercise 1: 400 Metre/Yard Swim - swim 400 metres/yards nonstop, without swimming aids and using any stroke or combination of strokes.
- Exercise 2: 15-minute Tread - tread water, drown proof, bob or float using no aids wearing only a swimsuit for 15 minutes, with hands out of the water during the last two minutes.
DM Tread / Float- Exercise 3: 800 Metre/Yard Swim - swim 800 metres/yards face down, using mask, snorkel and fins, nonstop, without flotation aids and without using arms to swim.
- Exercise 4: 100 Metre/Yard Inert Diver Tow - tow (or push) a diver for 100 metres/yards nonstop, at the surface, without assistance; both divers equipped in full scuba equipment.
- Exercise 5: Equipment Exchange - in confined water, demonstrate the Equipment Exchangeability to effectively respond to an unusual circumstance underwater by exchanging all scuba equipment (except exposure suits and weights) with a buddy while sharing a single regulator second stage."

http://www.idc-thediveacademysamui.com/dm-certification-requirements.html

go on then post up some videos of your aquatic prowess....

Further to that, no one has ever torn a bicep from swimming, blown out a herniated disc while swimming or ripped the skin off their palms. Mebbe gotten wrinkly and cold, but that's about it.

no one has ever torn a bicep from running a marathon, blown out a herniated disc while running a marathon or ripped the skin off their palms.........

do you see how fucking retarded your logic is??? or would you like some more examples

in your dreams nancy boy

Anyone that states that swimming is the perfect exercise is like saying water is the perfect food, that can be said for most activities including Deadlifts

No one said its a perfect exercise, only said that the training is gruelling.
We had the Japanese juniors swim with us, they are trained literally like race horses, 20+ hours a week and no talking during training.
you have to be mentally focused not to burn out from this volume and intensity of training.

Most Qld kids grow up at the Beach or Pool, more so than other States I assume. I think Florida has some of the best Yankies Swimmers usually.

Yeah, agree, the conditions in these places are favourable to swimming.

I know this but some dudes think my way or the highway.
All physical activity is strenuous, my point is (and I digress) that 5 rep’s of Deadlifts cannot be compared to 20 Laps of freestyle, because and I digress further; a session of HIIT will burn less fat but fuel utilization of carbs increases versus long duration low intensity exercise but in the end it doesn’t matter because 2to 3 days after HIIT the metabolism turns into a fat burning furnace.
so whether you do one or the other the outcome is the same if you are careful what goes into the pie hole.

A pro swimmer will not out lift a powerlifter and visa versa because of the genetic structure of the athletes, example a swimmer is long limbed wide shouldered and thin or flat chest and so-on, oh and an even layer of fat throughout the body which is just genetic, I know some of you hate the genetic tag but it is reality

like all things in life it comes down to intensity, yes it's possible to go for a leisurely swim. Just like it's possible to deadlift 20kg so that comparison is fucking retarded

I did say "80% of 1rm". But then, I guess most swimmers don't do much more than 20kg, so checkmate sukkah.

you think these guys could swim 10 hours a week at 22 second 50m splits?

Which guys? What yo tawkin bout Willis? The guys in the vid? I don't think they have ever done 10 hours of 50m splits. Pretty sure training is more sophisticated than that. Or it some other mythical "guys"? Powerliters? Who dafuq said powerlifters do 50m swimming sprints? What dafuq are you goin' on 'bout? My brain hurts. Pretty sure all those ghaybois, if they ever tried deadlifting, would give up after 10 min, not 10 hours.

go on then post up some videos of your aquatic prowess....

A: I shoot stills underwater, not video.

B: I'm the one behind the camera, so generally I'm never in any shots.

C: My offer still stands, so despite your efforts to side step the challenge, it still stands. So far, I'm winning. Yay for me.

D: I can post a pic I shot of a whale at 20m while free diving if that helps. Or some blue sharks shot out in Bass Strait. Please send pic of Ian Thorpe (or any other ghayboi) doing deadlifts for repz with 2x bodyweight. That should settle it.

no one has ever torn a bicep from running a marathon, blown out a herniated disc while running a marathon or ripped the skin off their palms.........

I thought we were talking about swimming. Where did marathon running come in? Is this another Fadi diversion tactic. Are you actually Fadi? Are you a 9/11 conspiracy genius?

Marathons can result in serious injury:

The-Boston-Marathon-Bombing’s-Constructed-Reality.jpg

Pic of serious swimmer's injury:

7637610-sistemy-6-1479194413-650-dcf094fd69-1479290455.jpg

do you see how fucking retarded your logic is??? or would you like some more examples

No, I don't. Your logic seems shaky though. Please post more examples, only stick to the point. Swimming vs deadlifting as a challenge.

in your dreams nancy boy

I fapped to that.

Last edited:
I did say "80% of 1rm". But then, I guess most swimmers don't do much more than 20kg, so checkmate sukkah.

Which guys? What yo tawkin bout Willis? The guys in the vid? I don't think they have ever done 10 hours of 50m splits. Pretty sure training is more sophisticated than that. Or it some other mythical "guys"? Powerliters? Who dafuq said powerlifters do 50m swimming sprints? What dafuq are you goin' on 'bout? My brain hurts. Pretty sure all those ghaybois, if they ever tried deadlifting, would give up after 10 min, not 10 hours.

A: I shoot stills underwater, not video.

B: I'm the one behind the camera, so generally I'm never in any shots.

C: My offer still stands, so despite your efforts to side step the challenge, it still stands. So far, I'm winning. Yay for me.

D: I can post a pic I shot of a whale at 20m while free diving if that helps. Or some blue sharks shot out in Bass Strait. Please send pic of Ian Thorpe (or any other ghayboi) doing deadlifts for repz with 2x bodyweight. That should settle it.

I thought we were talking about swimming. Where did marathon running come in? Is this another Fadi diversion tactic. Are you actually Fadi? Are you a 9/11 conspiracy genius?

Marathons can result in serious injury:

The-Boston-Marathon-Bombing’s-Constructed-Reality.jpg

Pic of serious swimmer's injury:

7637610-sistemy-6-1479194413-650-dcf094fd69-1479290455.jpg

No, I don't. Your logic seems shaky though. Please post more examples, only stick to the point. Swimming vs deadlifting as a challenge.

I fapped to that.

you're actually a gerry level moron, i thought you had more brain cells than that