• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I think as we age the legs are the first weak link.
They also demand good recovery for which also gets harder as we age

don't see any difference between upper and lower body from ageing. it may be an attitude thing.

I had back luck with injuries, but do believe I will regain some of lost power.

Is it? Neither are impressive. I'm trying to think what is more impressive.

If i sat on the couch and ate pizza and hot dogs for 6 months with no training I could bench 100 day 1 but I doubt I could do 5 min ks.
I agree that neither is impressive but 5 min ks equates to about 70kg bench imo. Beginner should get there in weeks.

Took me years to bench 100.

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Bazza exaggerating again.i remember he claimed he could rack pull 400 and unrack a 400 kg squat.im not the greatest videoer of lifts but i can rest assure that i most definately would have a record of said lifts.400 kgs my ass.

powerlifting aint more popular because its boring.My mrs and kids refused to come to any meets after i took them to my first 1.they said it was crap waiting for hours just to see me squat high.unless you are into the sport then its extremely interesting.I think its a great sport.Training for it is damn fun too.

other sports that suckass in my opinion are golf.fukin overpaid wanker sport.formula 1.boring as fck.tennis.zzzzzzzzzz and overpaid too..soccer.unless its world cup and aussie rules.i dont get the love for it.niggas should be playing rugby or league not aerial ping pong.boring kick fest.Luckily noone else plays it,id hate to have my sunday viewing inundated with that shit.

Last edited:
powerlifting,rugby,league,cricket(not tests they are boring unless its on a seamer then watching batsmen get fucked up is fun)weightlifting and to a lesser extent strongman are all good.i admire the dedication of bodybuilding as well.

In the olympics, swimming is popular because any phlaggot can swim plus its easy.

My little one is a national level swimmer, the training is 5am to 7am, minimum 5 days a week and sometimes weekends. Then from 6pm to 8pm, 4 nights a week. The laps are gruelling and the endurance these kids have is amazing. Couldn't imagine a a fat, goateed, bald power lifter lasting one of these training sessions without drowning.

My little one is a national level swimmer, the training is 5am to 7am, minimum 5 days a week and sometimes weekends. Then from 6pm to 8pm, 4 nights a week. The laps are gruelling and the endurance these kids have is amazing. Couldn't imagine a a fat, goateed, bald power lifter lasting one of these training sessions without drowning.

That is hard mate, 4 hours ed, barely anyone could manage that!

you re a moron.swimming is much easier.2 hrs paddling around in a pool?piss easy.you re comparing kids to adults and saying the kids are tougher. pls,i can tell you have never experienced the joys of a 3rd week smolov 10x3 the day after a 7x5.you would be singing a different tune.

you re a moron.swimming is much easier.2 hrs paddling around in a pool?piss easy.you re comparing kids to adults and saying the kids are tougher. pls,i can tell you have never experienced the joys of a 3rd week smolov 10x3 the day after a 7x5.you would be singing a different tune.

You really are a small brained yappy little genetically misdealt creature, Gerry.

If you tried to swim you'd sink straight to the bottom you fat kunt.

I used to swim quite a bit when i was younger, it really takes a toll on the body........

swimming is a very difficult and competitive sport, which makes it very hard to excel.

in contrast, the sport of powerlifting has very few competitors.

as for training hard, totally different approaches, but I would say swimming is far more painful and time consuming.

swimming is a very difficult and competitive sport, which makes it very hard to excel.

in contrast, the sport of powerlifting has very few competitors.

as for training hard, totally different approaches, but I would say swimming is far more painful and time consuming.

Especially chasing times, arms weigh a ton, shoulders ache and lungs scream.
These friggin QLD kids are like torpedos, our Vic kids always chasing them.

Especially chasing times, arms weigh a ton, shoulders ache and lungs scream.
These friggin QLD kids are like torpedos, our Vic kids always chasing them.

Most Qld kids grow up at the Beach or Pool, more so than other States I assume. I think Florida has some of the best Yankies Swimmers usually.