• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I am not sure multi-feds is a major problem, albeit I wish powerlifting had one fed and was subject to drug testing.

after all, boxing has many feds, but I like watching boxing.

tbh, I doubt whether many sports lovers could relate to powerlifting movements, especially monolift squats with many people around, and 3 inch bench presses by some.

btw, someone snatched 217kg this year. biggest ever lift in that movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl4KB5_tSc8

The way things are going these days, I think the supers would hit a total of 500kg sooner than later, in the form of 275kg Clean & Jerk, and a 225 snatch. I've already seen a 220kg snatch (I believe it was by the man who lifts like you Chris). I can't remember his name now, but I do remember sharing his video clip with you once before when discussing back form over the bar during your deadlifts.

I think 217kg biggest ever in comp.

You're on the money mate, I was wrong.

However here's the video (I was wrong about) yet the one I was thinking about, having the highest (I thought it was snatch), turned out to be the total.

It might be partly because it's difficult to empathise with a lifter if you have never done the lifts yourself. With strongman it is visually a bit more interesting due to the variety of lifts and objects lifted.

In the olympics, swimming is popular because any phlaggot can swim plus its easy.

It was becoming very popular then fat boys who can only bench starting doing sumo deads. Then all credibility was lost.

Because nobody wants to wait six hours to watch a bald goateed 140kg guy waddle onto stage to lift out of a piece of gear that looks like someone took the wheels off a forklift with six of his mates hanging around him. Add in his getting red lights for obscure technical reasons that mysteriously don't apply to the next lifter (who happens to be a Russian visitor or friends with the federation board), and people change the channel to watch Funniest Home Videos instead.

Plus, while people are somehow able to convince themselves that a drugfree 9.59" 100m is possible, nobody can convince themselves that a drugfree 400kg squat is possible. So it puts them off.

I say this as a person who takes lifters to competitions. It'll never be popular outside the community of lifters and their friends and families. There's too much bullsht that makes it inaccessible.

Because nobody wants to wait six hours to watch a bald goateed 140kg guy waddle onto stage to lift out of a piece of gear that looks like someone took the wheels off a forklift with six of his mates hanging around him. Add in his getting red lights for obscure technical reasons that mysteriously don't apply to the next lifter (who happens to be a Russian visitor or friends with the federation board), and people change the channel to watch Funniest Home Videos instead.

You shouldn't slag off at CAPO like that... :)

In the olympics, swimming is popular because any phlaggot can swim plus its easy.

bit harsh, it is not easy to break a minute for 100m freestyle, you have to have some speed and technique.

I also think that most people could deadlift and squat with not that much training; the latter is a very basic movement.

there has to be other reasons why people would rather watch sports like snooker than powerlifting.

personally, I don't think westerners have much affinity with strength sports, even with weightlifting.

keep-calm-it-s-just-for-jokes.png

In general life though, it's more impressive to say you did a 100kg bench today rather than running 6km's with sub 5min km's.

Do you think people like sport on basis that some sports are easier.

I doubt that would be the case for most sports viewers.

That's because benching 100 is harder than 5 min ks.

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Is it? Neither are impressive. I'm trying to think what is more impressive.

If i sat on the couch and ate pizza and hot dogs for 6 months with no training I could bench 100 day 1 but I doubt I could do 5 min ks.

Ed Coans numbers are impressive due to his size.

Id rather slam my plumb's in a car door than have to sit through and watch an entire power lifting meet.

The only sport I really enjoyed was footy, a good game is exciting to watch, I appreciate the combo of strength, skill and athleticism.

Although the modern game is less inclined to need strength.

I would say that getting fitter is a lot easier than getting more powerful. I am struggling to get my leg power up, but did not take me long to run 4km in 20 minutes recently.