• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
S

Stiffy

You see P.T.'s in public Parks all the time now. They all seem to be getting their Clients to do a Circuit type program ie. Medicine Ball lifts and throws, Bands, Push Ups, Abs and other stuff. It seems to me that they are just targeting the ill-informed and running/starting a Business that requires minimal Capital outlay because they obviously can't afford to open their own Gym or can't or don't want to find employment with an established Gym.

Horses for courses, but once you progress past a basic level I think they are a bit of a scam.

I did one such thing for a few weeks, it was pretty good.

One good thing about it is that there are numerous people there also doing the same thing so the motivation to go hard is really high. It is very casual though, turn up if you want to etc.

The one i went to was free, i don't think i would pay a lot to go to such a session.

It's low barrier to entry for both the PT and the clients. This is a good thing. As both a trainer and an active person, everyone has to start somewhere.

The Y had this "Pryme Movers" class, where a bunch of oldies used to squat to a chair and use little pink dumbbells. Day one? Awesome, good start I say. But 12 months later? They were doing the same thing. And that was the problem, no progression.

Likewise with PTs, bootcamps and their clients. Everyone has to start somewhere. But 12 months later you should have progressed.

The average person walking round in public is a lazy fat sack of shit, so any sort of activity is beneficial to burning calories. The majority of the people at these classes is looking to lose weight, not increase their squat/bench/deadlift.

The average person walking round in public is a lazy fat sack of shit, so any sort of activity is beneficial to burning calories. The majority of the people at these classes is looking to lose weight, not increase their squat/bench/deadlift.

agree with that. you can do a lot of good stuff at a park.

Brisbane parks have a lot of Gym equipment using Body weight. Basically most machines at normal Gyms but made so as to use your own bodyweight - theres even a Pec Dec using your own bodyweight. Along with Tubes I've been using them, due to my worries about Sciatic pain I've gone all cautious, limiting Weights to Squats and Presses.

The PTs I'm talking about seem to just be getting their Clients doing the same Circuit day in day out. Just a pure conditioning HIIT style workout - no real resistance style stuff (ie. no Chins, Dips etc. Like Aerobics class almost. I assume to give a quick weight loss so Clients stay but progression (for the Client) would appear very limited.

yes, most of that park equipment is useless with resistance tailored for the very, very weak.

park exercises I refer to is much harder, probably hard for all of us here, including pushup, pullups, chinups, jump squats, lunges and so on.

but reps and rest periods can be altered to cater for al levels.

Pretty much any exercise is good exercise in my opinion. Park workouts are a fun and social way to get your heart rate up. Depending on the exercises and your fitness level, they can be quite challenging! I think it's a more affordable option for people who are wanting PT but don't want to spend a tonne of money.