• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What do we know about muscle building today that we didn't know 30 years ago?

5 way split over 7 days is the gold standard.

Reading studies is catabolic.

Three beef meals a day is the optimum hormone support strategy.

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Not every builds muscle equally.
Me and my brother started at the same time.
He blew up in 3 months and lost fat at the same time. I barely put on 2 kg's.

I'd suggest we have a better understanding of both cumulative/systemic stress, and the hormonal effects of diet/food selection on body composition, energy, and strength.

I'd suggest we have a better understanding of both cumulative/systemic stress, and the hormonal effects of diet/food selection on body composition, energy, and strength.

I think that's when it all fell apart.
People started overthinking the process. Myself included.

I think that's when it all fell apart.
People started overthinking the process. Myself included.
Are you arguing against both, or simply highlighting that a simple, but holistic view of each of these is important? I should caveat, I'm not trying to argue that 'the anabolic window must be achieved' when I talk hormonal response. I'm more specifically talking quality/appropriateness of food selections, where a calorie is not always a calorie, and a macro is not always a macro.

No revolutionary new knowledge in that time on muscle building. Plenty more people on the gear. Plenty more people that also fuck their gains by constantly searching for the best program rather than just sticking with one.

Are you arguing against both, or simply highlighting that a simple, but holistic view of each of these is important? I should caveat, I'm not trying to argue that 'the anabolic window must be achieved' when I talk hormonal response. I'm more specifically talking quality/appropriateness of food selections, where a calorie is not always a calorie, and a macro is not always a macro.

Yes. A simple and holistic. The problem is when you try to take everything to the enth degree there is no room for failure, and when it does or doesn't achieve desired results one tends to get disheartened.

Last edited:
Nothing really that makes any difference to training or gains, quite the opposite really, people overthink stuff and micro manage their training and eating often to the detriment of any gains.

Agree with goose, a lot of stuff just gets rehashed or renamed but it's all the same really

Yes. A simple and holistic. The problem is when you try to take everything to the enth degree there is no room for failure, and when it does or doesn't achieve desired results one tends to get disheartened.
Cool - we're on the same page then!