• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
After the way that 460 moved...it would not have surprised me if he took his 3rd north of 480 to trump Ray. Then again ray might have taken a 3rd also if that was the case.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yep. These guys are squatting more than what the world records for single ply were a few years ago. Jezza and Ray will hit, health allowing, a 500kg squat in the next two years.

Jezza has had issues with bad calls for a long time now. Part of the problem is that he is a box of meat. Ray has much more height so its easier to see knee lock out and squat depth, compared to Jezza.

Jezza also has problems getting a deadlift past his massive quads. His short bench press arms do not help. He struggled and dropped his first deadlift but then, with his coach giving him some reminders, absolutely creamed it on his second attempt.

Yes, I think Jezza had a real chance to break the record and take gold in the squat. He had Ray against the ropes, so much so that he opted to skip his third attempt. I suspect he only did that because he had the advantage after Jezza was timed out. Twice.

I was going to have a go, a while back, attempting to just unrack the world record weight. But I can't. The gym I'm at only has those shit 45lb plates so you can only get about 8 on the sleeve. I dream off a decent stack of eleiko thin 25kg calibrated powerlifting plates.

Jezza.jpg

Their squats are definitely up there with the untested squatters as well, not many people in the world can squat these weights tested or untested.

I'm going to watch Big Dogs 2 in October and I have to wonder what it would be like if Jezza & Ray gave the untested guys a run for their money (and the prize money :))