• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Excellent. No more casein for me.

However, the ingestion of 30 g casein protein with or without additional free leucine prior to sleep does not increase muscle protein synthesis rates during post-exercise overnight recovery.

Jorn has some great studies.

Waits for the simple-minded "just eat and train more, protein amount and timing doesn't matter" replies. Of course coming from our own self appointed nutritional experts with no evidence to back it up.

Waits for the simple-minded "just eat and train more, protein amount and timing doesn't matter" replies. Of course coming from our own self appointed nutritional experts with no evidence to back it up.
Jorn is shit....that is all

Jorn is shit....that is all

e8a92a6cf3a9a29a7f46e9faf58c89f3.jpg

I'm channelling my inner @Bazza20, @Darkoz and @Goosey when I say:

Unless you are competing and placing/winning in professional sport or lost your last event due to the other guy maximising MPS while he was asleep and already have the optimum programming and nutrition in place (hint, probably no one on this forum is a member of that group and if they are, they're probably shaking their head are most of these topics) you have approximately everything else to worry about before chasing a miniscule fraction of a percent gain in gainzzz while ignoring the other more quantifiable things you could be doing.

I enjoy reading this stuff, certainly won't shit on the topics posted because I don't have the intricate knowledge required to pass judgement (Irony, I'm bored today) but I do wonder why the "fitness" industry is rife with "The Next Big Thing".

I guess it's ok to piss on the weight loss fad of the week because you know, fat kunce should just exercise and eat right, forget about the stupid crap they read and let the results fall where they may.

Last edited:
^
That is precisely the problem with the prevailing attitudes here. At least you kunce don't complain about lack of gains. Mediocrity is perfectly acceptable.

Every little bit of knowledge helps to build an understanding of the overall picture. You may not be able to use it now or tomorrow, but at some stage it will help.

Building muscle is difficult enough esp once you are over 40. Every little bit helps.

Still angry?

I'm channelling my inner @Bazza20, @Darkoz and @Goosey when I say:

Unless you are competing and placing/winning in professional sport or lost your last event due to the other guy maximising MPS while he was asleep and already have the optimum programming and nutrition in place (hint, probably no one on this forum is a member of that group and if they are, they're probably shaking their head are most of these topics) you have approximately everything else to worry about before chasing a miniscule fraction of a percent gain in gainzzz while ignoring the other more quantifiable things you could be doing.

I enjoy reading this stuff, certainly won't shit on the topics posted because I don't have the intricate knowledge required to pass judgement (Irony, I'm bored today) but I do wonder why the "fitness" industry is rife with "The Next Big Thing".

I guess it's ok to piss on the weight loss fad of the week because you know, fat kunce should just exercise and eat right, forget about the stupid crap they read and let the results fall where they may.

I think the problem in the fitness industry is the conflicting information. Obviously this has been done intentionally but companies who stand to profit from misleading info. So when useful info does come out, it gets lost in the sea of bullshit.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle of "everything you do is critical" and "nothing what you do matters".

Of course there as some things that don't even add up to 1%. But I think protein amount and timing is one of those things that is significant. I say that from personal experience as well. I had been going to the gym for years and not really looking much different year to year. Started focusing on consistent consumption of quality protein and results were obvious over a few months.

Speaking of simple minded. I haven't and I can't say I've seen anyone I'm assuming youre referring to here say just eat and train more. Don't change what people have acutually said to suit your narrative.

Speaking of simple minded. I haven't and I can't say I've seen anyone I'm assuming youre referring to here say just eat and train more. Don't change what people have acutually said to suit your narrative.

C'mon Baz, you've got your own shitty tactics you employ when arguing. I think Steve is just generalising, justifiably. But I'm sure you know that.

Anyone watching the footy on channel 7?

Lingy confesses the AFL practice nutrient timimg and dirty macros to kick-start repair post match!!

20-Funny-Shocked-Cat-Memes-16.jpg