• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Now, I think you are including me in this you never know.

Some of us over the years (many) have said many things good and bad, we cop it, I personally would like to think I've helped an individual whether that's making them get results by trying what I've suggested through experience, you on the other hand bitch and moan all day long.

Tim is discussing deloads and instead of researching what a deload is, you input is that you don't understand deloads. Great contribution there. It's funny how everyone who think they're an expert has the least qualifications or knowledge.

It is written, that the size of a muscle enables the environment to become stronger it happens in steps and sometimes simultaneously depending on sets and reps used and how the individual reacts is different , you lift to grow muscle the by-product is strength, someone would believe the muscles have brains and eyes

That's more or less what I'm saying. Not the extreme of "you don't need to add weight to the bar" but that it isn't as big a factor as a lot of people seem to make out (for those seeking strictly hypertrophy). If you're not training for strength, you don't need to try and lift more than what you're capable of at the sacrifice of form or TUT.

Training for strength is not about lifting more than your currently capable of and sacrificing form.

?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Tim is discussing deloads and instead of researching what a deload is, you input is that you don't understand deloads. Great contribution there. It's funny how everyone who think they're an expert has the least qualifications or knowledge.

You are an idiot, but please continue to cry like a little girl, its pathetic

That's more or less what I'm saying. Not the extreme of "you don't need to add weight to the bar" but that it isn't as big a factor as a lot of people seem to make out (for those seeking strictly hypertrophy). If you're not training for strength, you don't need to try and lift more than what you're capable of at the sacrifice of form or TUT.

The problem is (and we're all guilty of this) is that the real world doesn't always play out as you planned on paper.

Sure, I'm planning on adding 2.5kg a week to the bar for deadlifts for the same reps and sets. Seems reasonable, planned and will provided progressive overload. But after 6 weeks and 15kgs added, you stall. You can't progress for 4 weeks straight. Then on the 4th week you might strain something and have to have a week off. Maybe your cat dies the next week and need to organise it's funeral and have 6 months off.

When you stall or even just get bored, you need other training techniques. You can still build up your back muscles and strength by doing other things in the gym. You could mix the reps/sets up or even start doing a completely different exercise.

Does it matter?
If it's 1rm and you get 2 or 3 reps at the same weight a week later or 10 reps and now you can do 12 or 13...

Incredible
You strength allows you to lift more and longer, was it the extra reps, neg's, TUT, deloads?
No, it was the ability of the muscle/s to contract (strength)

I can't believe this lol

If you consider that crying, you must live a sheltered life.

Don't let me get in the way of your snarky uneducated posts.

Yes its crying and moaning, this is your specialty.

You let it get in the way of a good discussion it clouds your mind.
I will say no more to you, I've tried but you are a indeed an idiot

Incredible
You strength allows you to lift more and longer, was it the extra reps, neg's, TUT, deloads?
No, it was the ability of the muscle/s to contract (strength)

I can't believe this lol

Then the next week you can do 15 reps instead of 12 or 13...So you've gotten stronger without adding weight to the bar? Like I said before?

Is that not progression?

Then the next week you can do 15 reps instead of 12 or 13...So you've gotten stronger without adding weight to the bar? Like I said before?
Do you think hypertrophy will continue with that rate of progressing? Or do you think that instead you are making gains in muscular endurance instead?
What are you gunna do? Keep adding reps tik you get 6569?

Do you think hypertrophy will continue with that rate of progressing? Or do you think that instead you are making gains in muscular endurance instead?

You're still both misunderstanding what I'm saying. Of course you will add weight at some point and drop the reps back down to work back up. All I'm saying is that adding weight isn't the only method of measuring progress.

Yes its crying and moaning, this is your specialty.

You let it get in the way of a good discussion it clouds your mind.
I will say no more to you, I've tried but you are a indeed an idiot

Please let me know when a "good discussion" occurs around here then.

When you start attacking the person and have nothing to say than "idiot" over and over, you look kind of simple and petty.

I'd say I'm one of the few that actually wants to progress, have worthwhile training discussions and learn. What's your purpose? What to do you contribute. I saw you started up a half-assed training log for a month and gave it up. If you're not here to log and discuss your training, what's the point in being here?

At least I put my money where my mouth is. I actually regularly train (something you might remember), trial different diets and training techniques and actually see what works. Or we could all be a miserable old fart on a forum who thinks everything is shit and never makes progress.

But keep telling yourself how wonderful you are.

What's your point?

If you taken 13 to 15 both to the point of MMF then your muscle fibre typing is geared to higher reps which can be pretty normal for multi joint movements which is another deal.

For single joint movements I've rarely seen that happen, on exclusively used single joint movement, this is where multi joint movement comes into its own.

Please let me know when a "good discussion" occurs around here then.

When you start attacking the person and have nothing to say than "idiot" over and over, you look kind of simple and petty.

I'd say I'm one of the few that actually wants to progress, have worthwhile training discussions and learn. What's your purpose? What to do you contribute. I saw you started up a half-assed training log for a month and gave it up. If you're not here to log and discuss your training, what's the point in being here?

At least I put my money where my mouth is. I actually regularly train (something you might remember), trial different diets and training techniques and actually see what works. Or we could be line you and be a miserable old fart on a forum who thinks everything is shit and never makes progress.

But keep telling yourself how wonderful you are.

As I said (and I didn't read past you first paragraph ) I'm not your father

You're still both misunderstanding what I'm saying. Of course you will add weight at some point and drop the reps back down to work back up. All I'm saying is that adding weight isn't the only method of measuring progress.

To measure something is to be excact , a boulder can't build a house without a tape measure, using weight to measure is not ideal but it is the best we have.
Far better than counting reps

Didn't you just say this though?

- Adding weight without changing reps/sets.
- adding sets without changing weight.
- adding reps without changing sets or weight.

Etc
Etc
Etc

Build it up over 4 or 5 weeks more and more then take a deload. (60-75% of regular volume - 70-95% of regular intensity depending on the lifter).

Ill he quiet now. Giving too much away.

We just need to agree to disagree

Good discussion though and probably better argued around a BBQ

To measure something is to be excact , a boulder can't build a house without a tape measure, using weight to measure is not ideal but it is the best we have.
Far better than counting reps

In fact using this principle measuring ones muscle girth is best but them we go into the world of; is there an ability for a muscle to grow outside the bodies ratios, a perfect example is Sergio Olivia who's arm circumference was bigger than the head which is in fact why he was called the myth

Of course you can get bigger / stronger by just adding reps but at what stage do you stop adding reps, at 15, 20, 25, 50?? When does adding reps stop making you bigger and or stronger?