• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Please, list the others

Let's discuss.
- Adding weight without changing reps/sets.
- adding sets without changing weight.
- adding reps without changing sets or weight.

Etc
Etc
Etc

Build it up over 4 or 5 weeks more and more then take a deload. (60-75% of regular volume - 70-95% of regular intensity depending on the lifter).

Ill he quiet now. Giving too much away.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Drop sets
Forced reps
Pre-exhaust
Giant sets
BFR

Lalala
Lalala

Last edited:
Yes but don't we measure "progress" with the addage of weight ?

You could do rep's till the cows come home.

Or maybe you dont train hard enough to need a break?

Its not the timeframe that matters here. Its the intensity of the effort applied.

Week 1 is easy.
Week 2 is harder. Say 20%.
Week 3 is harder again. Say another 20%.
Week 4 is getting fukken hard. At this point doing say 60-70% more work at a higher intensity.
Week 5 youre fucked. And you need to reduce your fatigue....so you deload.
Then go again. This time 5% harder.

Ya get me?

Or is it too difficult to understand?

Push on from that point and you raise the risk of injury.

I heard a great analogy yesterday from Eric Helms on this. Think of your cars service intervals, you can stretch them out a little more than maybe you should, but stretch them out too far and you raise the risk of the thing fucking up.

Think of the body as the vehicle.

I could point you to many other great minds of the stregth world who express similar views...but you wouldnt care.

:)

Don't try and be a condescending turd.
I stand by what I said, most who subscribe to the de-load philosophy only think that they need a break whereas in fact it's just a waste of time.
I've trained plenty hard for years on end now do you get me?

Don't try and be a condescending turd.
I stand by what I said, most who subscribe to the de-load philosophy only think that they need a break whereas in fact it's just a waste of time.
I've trained plenty hard for years on end now do you get me?
Most who 'correctly" subscribe to it, reap great benefits too.

Why?

For myself I like to work hard, if I'm feeling tired I'll rest, keeping in mind I've been training consistently for the last 25 to 30 years.
The longer I workout the more I realise how important sleep is as an aid to my recovery

Although I don't subscribe to this "ramping up" theory either I do from time to time increase my weight on the bar whilst reducing the number of rep's.

Adding weight is only a measure of progress if you're training for strength. The weight on the bar is pretty irrelevant to a bodybuilder.
You can induce hypertrophy without adding a heap more weight on the bar.

Adding weight is only a measure of progress if you're training for strength. The weight on the bar is pretty irrelevant to a bodybuilder.
You can induce hypertrophy without adding a heap more weight on the bar.

Weight on the bar is absolutely not irrelevant to a bodybuilder. 1rm may be irrelevant but weight on the bar certainly isn't.

Weight on the bar is absolutely not irrelevant to a bodybuilder. 1rm may be irrelevant but weight on the bar certainly isn't.
Yep.
One should be seeking to increase both size AND strength as they both go hand in hand.

Or maybe you dont train hard enough to need a break?

Its not the timeframe that matters here. Its the intensity of the effort applied.

Week 1 is easy.
Week 2 is harder. Say 20%.
Week 3 is harder again. Say another 20%.
Week 4 is getting fukken hard. At this point doing say 60-70% more work at a higher intensity.
Week 5 youre fucked. And you need to reduce your fatigue....so you deload.
Then go again. This time 5% harder.

Ya get me?

Or is it too difficult to understand?

Push on from that point and you raise the risk of injury.

I heard a great analogy yesterday from Eric Helms on this. Think of your cars service intervals, you can stretch them out a little more than maybe you should, but stretch them out too far and you raise the risk of the thing fucking up.

Think of the body as the vehicle.

I could point you to many other great minds of the stregth world who express similar views...but you wouldnt care.

:)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Timeah again.

Don't let good ol' proper training talk get in the way of the bitchyness around here.