• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Let's relax with blaming people for the forum losing numbers Steve. It's happened on most forums on the net. It's all Facebook, twitter and instagram now. The internet has moved on. How many are using chat rooms, MSN messenger or even MySpace anymore. Let's face it forums did fine 10 years ago with heaps of grumpy people, Facebook does fine now with shit loads of grumpy comments.

I don't believe I'm overly crotchety.
I'm just passionate about health and fitness, my ideas are very different to the current mainstream.

My general belief is that one only needs to spend a small amount of time on it, that being lifting.
I believe people try to make it too complicated due to the information that has saturated the internet.

It's all Sherks fault

Why is it when 2 members can't get along its the forums fault?

Ban all members who have disputes with each other???

I'm just passionate about health and fitness, my ideas are very different to the current mainstream.

My general belief is that one only needs to spend a small amount of time on it, that being lifting.
I believe people try to make it too complicated due to the information that has saturated the internet.

It's all Sherks fault

its lifting weights. Unless you are world level elite there is only so much us gym rats can do or talk about. Overcomicating it tends to lead to worse results. Paralysis by analysis and more time fucking around trying to find the supposed best way to train and less time just going in a getting the lifting done.

Most of us have been there going down the complicated path and come back.

its lifting weights. Unless you are world level elite there is only so much us gym rats can do or talk about. Overcomicating it tends to lead to worse results. Paralysis by analysis and more time fucking around trying to find the supposed best way to train and less time just going in a getting the lifting done.

Most of us have been there going down the complicated path and come back.

But you also have to be careful not to fall into over-simplifying everything. All calories are equal, just lift heavy weights, etc. If you're not really into fitness, great, stick to that simplified approach and get mediocre results at best. There's a lot of useful tips and advice out there that people just brush off.

To me, the people who brush everything off as "shit" or "too complicated" are just ignorant, lazy or just don't want to admit it's over their head.

It's all Sherks fault
There is definitely a tendency to get overly scientific, mostly by the younguns. This is a very simple activity unless you are obsessed with the word "optimal".

Having said that, you are pretty crotchety if it's not old school. Then there is your mischievous side....

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

There is definitely a tendency to get overly scientific, mostly by the younguns. This is a very simple activity unless you are obsessed with the word "optimal".

Having said that, you are pretty crotchety if it's not old school. Then there is your mischievous side....

True that.

IMO one of you explained the simple way, the other the more complex explanation.

No one's wrong, it's just two answers.

A good program and that is lifting weight which includes *a good diet and a moderate amount of cardio if it is not achieved in your weight lifting programming is all one needs to optimise their ability to do their daily tasks which also includes sporting activities.

If one sees a they have the genetic ability to do bodybuilding then their diet would need to be more dialed in so to speak.
I'm not old school I don't do much barbell work, I mix it up with machines I have found that at my age machines have become my friend, the machines I use are one that work for me, I set myself up in these machines to fit my frame, I push heavy weight and my condition is excellent, I don't think this is an accident, I've made mistakes and I expect to make more, and I'm still learning and my workouts don't get any easier all this is why I love what I do.

And I also like to kid around a little, I'm sorry stevep if I make you angry I hope you do well in whatever you choose to do, but I am going to disagree with you and other from time to time, I don't do it to try and prove anything other than to help you improve

*a good diet is one that maintains and improves how you look and feel

I also have a sensitive side

I have no issues with disagreeing with me or others; I encourage it if it's a shitty argument. What is a total conversation/discussion killer is just replying "shit". Well great, may as well log out and call it a day.

I have no issues with disagreeing with me or others; I encourage it if it's a shitty argument. What is a total conversation/discussion killer is just replying "shit". Well great, may as well log out and call it a day.

Steve, I'm not your Dad
Any point of view is an opinion based on many things, whether someone says its shit, crap, don't like it blah blah is their POV, state your case move on.

Now, let us move on and leave the ćuntyness behind

Start a topic, you never know you might learn something, you might make another think, you might piss someone off, it is life.

Pecs are the only muscle that I don't really care if it grows or not. My arms and shoulders are need to catch up.

Imagine if people just either found a program online, or created one, then proceeded to progressively overload their training over time, while taking periodical breaks every 5 or 6 weeks...

Imagine the progress!

THAT WOULD BE GROUNDBREAKING.