• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah well, i have decided i am gonna buy the cheapest flat i can find in regional Qld so i can move there and do it up while i work in the mines again
How many bedrooms do you need? By pure fluke, I saw a 1 room unit in Townsville for $175K. It was on gumtree this morning. Popped up on local ads.

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Two i think. One's a bit too small.

I saw one in Mackay for 90k but it's gone. There are some others for about 100k though

Words of Wisdon from Dick Smith:

"....... I’ve spent my life getting as much information as I can about population and population growth. Yes, I’ve learned a lot. I have read over a dozen books on the issue – some claiming that the global warming / climate change story is all a giant hoax instigated by scientists who want more and more “gravy train” money from the government, others claiming that the world’s energy is a bottomless well and there will always be huge surpluses of energy available, and still others which say that there will be extraordinary problems in the future with our environment and quality of life as a result of unsustainable population growth.However, a most important point is left out. Even though we may be able to grow to 100 million people in Australia – what would be the advantage in doing this? The question is why? Of course, to wealthy people, population growth will generally increase their prosperity and wealth. I know this, because I have made more money out of owning industrial and commercial buildings in Sydney over the last twenty-five years than I did in owning Dick Smith Electronics and Australian Geographic. So the wealthy will get more. But what about the average wage and salary earner and retiree? Possibly over 80% of our population?

I have a feeling it’s all “down hill” from now for most Australians as the population increases. I can’t think of any of our present problems in this world which are alleviated by more people. In fact, quite the opposite. I think unrestrained population growth will make virtually every problem more difficult.

Yes, we are told that efficiencies of scale will give us greater benefits. However, let’s look at our country compared with the USA. The USA has fifteen times our population, ie. fifteen times the efficiency of scale in a roughly similar land mass. Do the Americans have a higher standard of living? I don’t think so. Do they have better medical care? I don’t think so. Do they have better roads? Well, they certainly have more freeways, but their roads seem more gridlocked than ours. Do they have a better education system? There’s no evidence to suggest that they do.
I believe we in Australia are currently at a very “efficient” number of 22 million. Our Prime Minister said that he welcomed a “big Australia” of 36 million and at a later date said he didn’t really have a view on population numbers – that it was just going to happen.
But typical Australian families do have a view on population numbers. Believe it or not, an Australian family could have between fifteen and twenty children during their lifetime – few rarely do. Most Aussie families decide on an optimum number, whether it’s two, four or even more – the number that they know they can properly raise.
Seeing that Aussie families have a plan for population which isn’t the maximum, why doesn’t the same apply to Australia?
I believe it’s exactly the same with the population of a country. With 22 million, we have the potential to share in the wealth of this country. Increase the population to 44 million, and each person has the potential to share in half as much.
Now, by going to 44 million are we actually going to produce more? I doubt it. We are not a country who makes small gadgets in factories where you need lots of workers. We are, in fact, a country that earns most of its money from exporting minerals and from farming. Neither of these is labour intensive industries. I understand the total percentage of our workforce employed in mining in Australia is approximately 1.5%. Also, more people just means we can dig up our minerals and ship them off to other countries even faster, meaning less for future generations of Australians.
It’s the same with farming. Farming is highly efficient in Australia because of the broad acres, machinery and a small amount of labour. In fact, that’s the only way we can compete.
The big decision about a population increase is, “what’s in it for most Australians?”. I believe the answer is “less and less”. We would do better to try and curtail our population increase, and then concentrate on being truly sustainable – moving away from fossil fuels which are most likely polluting our environment into energy that is coming every day from the sun and other sustainable sources."

http://dicksmithpopulation.com/2016/11/29/letter-of-introduction-by-dick-smith/#more-690

He read a couple books so he knows all about climate change. Lol. Did the guy listen to himself.

his point that scientists claim climate change so they can stay on the gravy train. Lol. You don't get into governement research to make heaps of money. Many have done almost 10 years of Uni and get a pretty shitty fucking wage. If you are after the gravy train you don't go into government research. There is much more of a gravy train to be had by those deniying climate change.

I agree on population growth. I would prefer we didn't grow but we will.

Remember Dick Smith is a pilot. His hobby is climbing into an aircraft and then flying around in circles. So it's no surprise that he thinks consumption isn't an issue, but population is.

The US is a fck-up regardless of its population.

I love the US. The fancy thing to do in Aus is criticize the US but I love it over there. It's in no way perfect but they do a lot of stuff better than us. One of my favorite places to go.

Remember Dick Smith is a pilot. His hobby is climbing into an aircraft and then flying around in circles. So it's no surprise that he thinks consumption isn't an issue, but population is.

The US is a fck-up regardless of its population.

Lol. He's a very intelligent Man who is now retired, with lots of time to research and access to smarter people and resources than your good self. I suspect his knowledge, research and I.Q. might make his view more creditable.

Lol. He's a very intelligent Man who is now retired, with lots of time to research and access to smarter people and resources than your good self. I suspect his knowledge, research and I.Q. might make his view more creditable.

I'll go to Dick Smith for advise on starting electronics stores.

ill go to climate scientists for information on climate change.

I'll go to Dick Smith for advise on starting electronics stores.

ill go to climate scientists for information on climate change.

I was waiting for you to argue something irrelevant. :D

He is talking about Population not climate change.

What stuff would that be?

I can list off a lot of things that I like better than here if you actually want me to but since this is a BB site and everyone loves their protein I'll start with they do meat heaps better than us. It's not even close.

What stuff would that be?

:D

It's a technical term that might be above the majority of us.

cropped-NewHeader.png

Getting away from all the red herring bullshit that people have latched onto so far, I think his point is right. As population increases, living standard decreases. There is only a limited amount of wealth that can be extracted from a piece of dirt, if you split that between more people, everyone gets a bit less.

The trick is, how do you control it? You can't. Population will eventually be controlled by famine, conflict or disaster.

Getting away from all the red herring bullshit that people have latched onto so far, I think his point is right. As population increases, living standard decreases. There is only a limited amount of wealth that can be extracted from a piece of dirt, if you split that between more people, everyone gets a bit less.

The trick is, how do you control it? You can't. Population will eventually be controlled by famine, conflict or disaster.

Agree. Also education, as people become more educated and get more wealth they tend to have less kids. I think Australia is under 2 kids average per couple now?

That's a good reply.

Do you think that the more civilised we think we become the more we lose track?

True. We should forget about higher education, re-institute a good strong 50s style catholic doctrine and family dynamic where women can just stay at home and breed.

Do you kunce even non-agricultural commerce? Many industries don't require massive ag inputs.

Maybe if we believe hard enough, and maybe burn some witches (read people with more knowledge than us) the good lord will throw us a natural disaster that will keep our unsustainable population in check. #bringbackbubonicplague

However the best steak in the world competition has been won by us the past two years running.

http://www.wagyu.org.au/jacks-creek-wagyu-retains-worlds-best-steak-crown/

Good for them. I'm guessing the title of world best steak is a bit like powerlifting, dozens of world champions.

In my opinion it's not even close. You can go to some shitty looking place in some small town and get all sorts of different BBQed meats better than anything I've had in aus. Like I said bagging US is the popular thing for aussies to do. It's not perfect but personally I like the place.

I went to a fantastic American grill restaurant at crown the other day, the meat was perfection.

America is on the bucket list.

Milking cows must be good, it costs a lot of money to holiday there.