• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
S

Stiffy

Does anyone have much experience at appealing Administrative decisions. I belong to a Sporting Complex, pretty steep fees too considering I rarely use this one. Anyway, I rocked up last night and couldn't access the members Carpark. So I went to the front counter and spoke to the Receptionist who scanned my Card and said my Membership had been cancelled. I was only there the other night. I have to speak to Management today to find out why.

Does anyone have much experience with these things. Should I go in hard or take a conciliatory approach? Cheers.

I wouldn't go in hard unless it's because of your post the other day and subsequently shitting in the middle of the field, then you may be up shit creek....hear them out first, if they're unreasonable then ramp it up

Yeah, cheers Whitey. Don't think it'd be due to the other night. Normally I'd like to start with a collaborative approach and then gradually ramp up things up, including going higher.

What about you [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; you're a Management Stooge, any tips on dealing with these things thx?

Probably cancelled you by accident by an admin girl who got a whole bunch of paper work to cancel members all at once

They don't turn down people's money for no reason. And usually not for just a one-off. What did you do, and what have you done in the past?

They don't turn down people's money for no reason. And usually not for just a one-off. What did you do, and what have you done in the past?

Cheers. Rarely there. It's just an occasional Complex I use. I did have an accident the other night. Better you don't know if you don't already.

Perhaps they were justified in their decision.

Don't feed the trolls Shrek ........ ah wait, I'm one of youse :D

Cmon Sherk, you're in that dubious profession called Management, how do people and Gym goers deal with such situations? This is supposed to be an educational thread.

I used to work in sales in a gym and generally the management don't want anyone to cancel their membership. Are you paying up front or DD? DD usually rolls over automatically after the term of agreement and there is usually at least a 30 day notice prior to cancellation. Unless you have abused the term and conditions of the agreement they have the right to cancel but would imagine they would notify you. Ask for the terms and conditions and have a good read. Sometime in the past we have cancelled memberships due to unpaid fees but this can be an oversight by the member for not updating bank account or credit cards details. Check if there is any money owing but again they should have already contacted you.
Otherwise it could be totally accidental, not knowing your name, is it possible you have a common name and accidently picked the wrong John Smith by chance?

Just have to go ask first then see where you're at after that.

Good post [MENTION=12594]Snoochies[/MENTION];

Anyone else???

P.S. I wasn't booted, you don't need a membership to use that Complex I did on Tuesday night. I was creating a hypothetical situation for kunce to bounce ideas around about dealing with Management of Gyms.