• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Jeff

Anyone know of a gym in Melbourne that has a proper reverse hyper machine? Close to the CBD would be ideal.

I've been struggling with my lower back for a couple of years and would love to give reverse hypers a go.

I train at fitness first at the moment and there's a GHR at the ones I go to, but it's not very comfortable to use and it's difficult to increase load.

A reverse Hyper is a sit up machine...

Seriously though i don't know. But as someone else who has a back that twinges now and then i find these hyper's the best:

434.jpg

As opposed to these ones:

valor-fitness-cb-23-1.jpg

Do what i have done mate, buy your own so you can do it whenever you get that twinge

A reverse Hyper is a sit up machine...

Seriously though i don't know. But as someone else who has a back that twinges now and then i find these hyper's the best:

434.jpg

As opposed to these ones:

valor-fitness-cb-23-1.jpg

Do what i have done mate, buy your own so you can do it whenever you get that twinge

He means one of these:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i9tU7_w7rvw

the only one I know of super close to the cbd is at Elite Sports Performance in Spotswood (they have 4 or 5)
PTC in Eltham and Carrum Downs also have one each

Yep, that's what I mean.

Thanks for the heads up on those gyms. Sadly the PTCs are too far out of the way for me to get to them regularly, and from the look of Elite Sports Performance it's not somewhere I could train these days. Too many injuries that I need to cater for.

Try dougherty's. They have a city gym and one in Brunswick. I'm sure Brunswick had one when I was there, but just call and ask.

Anyone know of a gym in Melbourne that has a proper reverse hyper machine? Close to the CBD would be ideal.

I've been struggling with my lower back for a couple of years and would love to give reverse hypers a go.

I train at fitness first at the moment and there's a GHR at the ones I go to, but it's not very comfortable to use and it's difficult to increase load.

How will this help?

Yep, that's what I mean.

Thanks for the heads up on those gyms. Sadly the PTCs are too far out of the way for me to get to them regularly, and from the look of Elite Sports Performance it's not somewhere I could train these days. Too many injuries that I need to cater for.

ESP is (arguably) the best S&C gym in regards to working around injuries and half the guys that train there are physios, osteos, exercise physiologists etc.
Worth giving Marty a call as he'll let you come in and look around anyway before making up your mind

Yeah id actually think that a strength gym would be exactly where you want to train if struggling with injuries.....

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

ESP is (arguably) the best S&C gym in regards to working around injuries and half the guys that train there are physios, osteos, exercise physiologists etc.
Worth giving Marty a call as he'll let you come in and look around anyway before making up your mind

Fair point, I'll give them a call before I rule it out completely. I'm an ex-ex phys myself, so I'd be interested to hear what their approach is.

At the moment I'm not overly concerned with strength, I just want to get healthy and be able to train without pain. I figure if I can do that, the strength will come by itself.

I've been training for a while and every time I get caught up focusing on strength and performance I end up getting injured and have to spend a couple of years rehabbing to get back to where I was.

My body breaks easily so I need to be careful not to push as hard as I can or as hard as I want to, and I'm the kind of guy where my lifts look easy up until I fail. Add ego into the mix and I can easily cave into peer pressure and push my body past what it can handle. That's why I'm hesitant to train exclusively at a strength gym at the moment.