• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Basic training as in some bulking (fat) bodybuilder laying on a bench, pressing some dumbbells for 10 reps and being out of breath? I think that sort of stuff is way more functional and better for fitness and strength. Look at gymnasts. Way more jacked and stronger than most of us will ever be.

wow, tremendous answer. thanks.

tell me can a gymnast play football as well as this footballer doing the circus trick.

and no offence, but I'll take the opinion of a collective 100,000 university hours and millions of practical hours from strength coaches through dozens of different countries (including non-English speaking) over yours regarding eccentric based hamstring exercises

you're not saying Gooby and Darky like to troll and antagonise are you???

*shock horror expression*

:p

Fuckin functional.

The EMg is not a good tool to measure the time a muscle is under load, this test appeared to had just measured the stress at one point 90degrees it does not measure the force or the "foot-pounds" throughout the range of motion.

As I've stated over and over to you numbskulls there are much better, safer and more efficient exercises that you can do to strengthen and improve the flexibility of the hamstring.

The "razor" thing is just another stupid gimmick.

If these billion dollar European Soccer Clubs and AFL Teams here have their Players doing them there must be some validity in them, particularly in light of the Study Hamburgler posted.

But anyway, can you give me a Bodyweight Hamstring exercise please Goo.

What about single leg DL's, reverse hypers (even with a band?), glute bridge or hip thrust variations?

Or stuff like this...haven't tried it but it's supposedly a lot more difficult than it looks. Thoughts?

Yeah no scientist as I stated I'm my original post its got shortcomings, I'm not a big fan of bodyweight exercises for seasoned lifters, great for beginners I suppose that's another story.

And I stated finding a mix of exercises over time is best.

My aim is to improve, not to wear down.

The exercises in question (IMO) for what it's worth have their shortcomings due to the points I made.
The emg reported high activity but there is more to safe exercise than just thses readings.