• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
A typically silly Internet topic.

I feel hurt and personally offended by your comment. Stand by to be trolled and flamed.

0efb6e0786891e8a1ae43895074aebff.jpg

[MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION] you guys crack me up, good to see you posting on here again

If I'm going to come clean, this is a major issue for me and no doubt it's 99.99% of the reason I fail reaching my goals.
If I'm training and have a plan, my diet is is great, I plan my meals, I stick to the plan and results slowly follow.
Recently I did an injury whilst lifting, I convinced myself I needed the rest anyway so relaxed a little on the food for a week. Decided to lift again, injury was still aggravated so I continued on my relaxed diet, then this leas into a weeks holidays I had planned so convinced myself I'd start again after the holiday but this was just before easter and so the chocolate eggs came out and a week after easter I had a camping trip book so put the diet on the back burner til I got back and when I did get back was only 2 more days til the next long weekend and here I am.
1 month of eating crap and no workouts and it's no surprise I feel like crap.
So for me I have a major issue, I'm either all in or all out. As long as I remember food has been a treat or something to enjoy but I gotta break this habit.
So I need to learn some hard truths and get to the root cause and I'm being vulnerable here by admitting my weakness and lack of discipline.

I was reading an old PTC transformation blog where Markos writes about emotional eating and his cure so to speak was for 2 weeks, 185g of Tuna and vegetables 5 times per day. Extreme yes, but is it worth a shot for someone weak willed like me?

Who or has anyone overcome emotional eating?

Cheers

You sound very similar to me in the past mate, I've definitely been a sufferer of "all in or all out" syndrome. As you have listed this normal involves both dedication to diet and exercise whereby through either burning out or a growing sensation of disdain/apathy towards fitness/lifting/diet/healthy living I stop exercising and eating well, in fact the current "streak" I'm on is the longest amount of time in my life where I have been consistently exercising, in all honesty most of my foray's into lifting only last 6 months before my interest wanes (you only need to do a brief bit of digging into my lifting log to see that).

Some of this waning intensity has been out of my control due to having a fairly nomadic period in the last 10 years due to various academic and professional pursuits it hasn't lent itself to getting into a really solid long term routine. It's also been due to an inability to to train due to either time or money constraints. I would also say that quite often my apathy towards exercise has been a symptom of my own mental demons, and certainly this is the case with emotional eating.

I went through a stage where I was so deeply unhappy with my place in the world that what I put in my mouth seemed to be the only thing I could actually control, at times this lead to a brutal adherence to diet and exercise but would also result in complete and utter relapse into laziness and unhealthy eating.

Now that I'm in a very stable mental, financial and professional position I've been able to approach my diet and exercise in an entirely healthy manner and I've been exercising consistently for the past 9 months.

I'm not saying any of my journey is relevant to your position but just sharing my experiences.